Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Definition of F-#$ked

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 08:14 PM
scatpac1
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Dawg, after all you do for us on this forum, I have my old set of stock 07 exhaust in the attic, your are more than welcome to it, at least it will get you riding, just two exhaust gaskets and ur riding, let me me know I will even ship them to ya,,,,

Originally Posted by dawg
I learned what the definition of it is today.

-Bike's exhaust is boxed up and will be headed back to D&D because they want to jig it up and see if there is a defect causing it to contact my brake piston/lever behind it and causing it to rub into the pipe. Bikeless about 10+ days.

-Mama's old '97 Saab is sitting in the garage half torn apart because it won't start. Two separate non-Saab mechanics can't figure it out. Already got over $2500 into the engine last time when I had to have it ripped apart. Thinking about selling it for parts

-Flatbed coming to the house in a few minutes to pick up my '04 3500 diesel dually to tow it to a dealership because the other day it was bucking at stop lights so I changed the fuel filter and serviced it. Ran for a few days and now the damn thing won't even start.

-That leaves me with zip, nada, nothing

-I'd say I just learned what the definition of f$&ked is

Old 03-24-2010, 08:15 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,222 Likes on 1,839 Posts

Originally Posted by $oul Child
Dawg Im bettin injector harness on your diesel.
I thought about that. I understand #2 and #7 injectors have been known to have issues and there is an ice pick fix for the connector where you can shove in an ice pick through the connector and it will "re-crimp" the connection.

Originally Posted by stamper5498
How many beer you got left?
Still got a few, only had about 7-8 so far

Old 03-24-2010, 08:18 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by scatpac1
Hey Dawg, after all you do for us on this forum, I have my old set of stock 07 exhaust in the attic, your are more than welcome to it, at least it will get you riding, just two exhaust gaskets and ur riding, let me me know I will even ship them to ya,,,,
That's very kind and thanks for the offer, but I don't want to mess with the tune. They're going to look at the truck in the morning at the dealer so I should know more tomorrow I hope.

Old 03-24-2010, 08:21 PM
fathertime
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hey if ya empty your fridge in desperation mine is always full..c'mon down...bit of a hike tho :-)

Old 03-24-2010, 08:37 PM
Flash62
Intermediate

Dawg,
Just a (educated) guess, but it sounds like the ICP (Injector Control Pressure) sensor is bad on your truck. I replaced mine on an 04 F-250 last October, and it sounds like yours might have some of the same symptoms. Don't ask how I know, but if you pull the turbo, it's ALOT easier to change that sensor!

Old 03-24-2010, 08:39 PM
GarArnett
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All this crap with the "new" "better" vehicles is why I'm glad I just picked up an old 1970 Chevy C-30. 292 I-6, single barrel carb, points, 4 speed. It don't get any simpler and the dumb-*** (me) can work on it. Kinda makes me wonder about building another old bike. Maybe a shovel in an FX frame.

As for dealing with it now, drink more beer. Hope you live close to a liquor store or stop-n-go and aren't in a dry county.

Old 03-24-2010, 09:10 PM
rideon
Road Warrior
Received 111 Likes on 74 Posts

Feel for you Dawg! I had a fat cat do exactly the same thing. I found where it was hitting trying to trace a vibration. You always here about the great fit with these pipes, i've had two. First one fit so so, second one was terrible. Recently installed a supertrapp, now that's how a pipe should fit!

Old 03-24-2010, 09:34 PM
BackAgain
Banned

Dawg...2004 and after Ford Powerstroks were junk....My 2003 Ford 7.3 has 350k and I feel like it is just broke in.....Runs and pulls lawn equipment year round.

Old 03-24-2010, 09:36 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by BackAgain
Dawg...2004 and after Ford Powerstroks were junk....My 2003 Ford 7.3 has 350k and I feel like it is just broke in.....Runs and pulls lawn equipment year round.
Mine's a Chevy w/Duramax

Old 03-24-2010, 09:47 PM
JonnyD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dawg
.....................Mama's old '97 Saab is sitting in the garage half torn apart because it won't start...............

.................Flatbed coming to the house in a few minutes to pick up my '04 3500 diesel dually to tow it to a dealership..................

-I'd say I just learned what the definition of f$&ked is
You own a Chev and a Saaaaaaab, what'd you expect? is the best way to forget your mistakes Your probably thinking it's time for a 3rd job now, aren't you

Bummer man.

Quick Reply: Definition of F-#$ked