Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Baggers on Kendon Trailer Pics anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 01:01 PM
rooster3171
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Baggers on Kendon Trailer Pics anyone?

Ok guys, don't shoot me, trailer queen, blah, blah...I ran across a good deal on a used Kendon dual trailer and I am considering buying it. I had an enclosed trailer last year that I rented to bikers going to Sturgis and other places, made good money but I did not like paying for storage. I had a Kendon a couple of years ago and trailered a Street Glide and Heritage Softail with beach bars, they were close to say the least but those beach bars were pretty wide. So as a favor, does anyone have pics of two baggers on a Kendon? What has been your experience? If I buy it I want to be able to advertise it for rent and be able to say that it will carry two baggers without a problem.
Thanks in advance.

Old 03-24-2010, 03:31 PM
rooster3171
Cruiser

bump....

Old 03-24-2010, 05:11 PM
HDJIM1158
Road Warrior
Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

On a newer style Kendon 2003 ?? and later you can carry 2 ultras but you should lean them out just a little to prevent damage from hitting bumps on the road. Kendon is a OK trailer but its folding is its strong point. Both my friend and I have them and paint pealing is a problem. When you tie down, tie down both the front and back of the bike. This way you almost use your bike as a brace to keep the trailer flat. Go to their website and down load the instructions, it explains this better. Sorry no pictures but I will take some the next time I use it. Be Safe JIM

Old 03-24-2010, 06:46 PM
assassin307
Cruiser

I have the kendon fold up trailer and love it! I have towed the trailer with a roadking and roadglide on it with no problems. Its also easy to tow just one bike at a time due to the way the suspension is set up.

Old 03-24-2010, 07:40 PM
riteway
Extreme HDF Member
Received 988 Likes on 679 Posts

Ive got an 05.....Got it for $1400....Has front box and stone guard....I also bought the kendon winch from a guy who never needed it but he had a smaller bike and thought it would be better if bike broke down.I have a 04 glide...No problem pulling two glides though i havent and just say that after much research!! I have had my glide and a road king on it. I always add extra tie downs as im one for "Better safe than sorry"....As for the winch its a nice option but i would buy a cheap one and modify it to work!! Kendon winch IS expensive!!!!
P.S. If you let folks know you have one you will make alot of new friends....Everyone at one time or another needs to "trailer" their bike....

Last edited by riteway; 03-24-2010 at 07:44 PM.
Old 03-25-2010, 02:13 PM
roaddawg65
3rd Gear

Looked at Kendons and almost bought one till I found one made by Drop-Tail Trailer. Since I am a short legged feller the thought of using a ramp to load a bike (07 FLHTC) did not appeal to me. The Drop-Tail had a full width hydraulic controlled ramp. As a matter of fact it is the back part of the trailer. I too will carry two baggers or a Trike. If you go to www.droptailtrailer.com they have videos. I used mine last fall to go to FL from OH and had no problems at all. They also have a ProMax wheel chocks so you can ride up and get off.

Old 03-25-2010, 02:50 PM
harley0711
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 95 Likes on 81 Posts

your link did not work..

http://www.droptailtrailers.com/cruiser.html

nice looking trailers but $$$$ for an open type.

I had a Kendon single for several years and it worked great for an open type. I am 5'6" an the wife and I could (together) load our FLHTCI with out any problems.. I could Never load it by myself.

Since then I have gone with a Wells Cargo, Road Force with this mounting system.. I can now load my bike in a few min all by myself..

I have only used this one time from CA to Utah - worked great. its an enclosed and not as easy to store as the Kendon..

Have you tried calling Kendon and asking them if they have any pictures of two baggers on their trailers?

http://www.bikersgostrapless.com/

Old 03-25-2010, 05:55 PM
Retrax
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the newer style (round tube frame) dual bike Kendon and I love it. Mine looks as new as the day I bought it. I have had my Street Glide and a Fat Boy on it with plenty of extra room. They used to have an ad with 2 Goldwings on it so I am sure 2 Ultras would fit

Old 03-25-2010, 06:45 PM
Buzzsaw
Road Captain

I have a single rail, but my friend has the older style 2 bike Kendon. He just lent it to friend and it would not hold 2 bikes with Batwings on it. I have pulled a Road king and a Fatboy on it, both with wider bars and had to be careful when loading both to get them to fit right. Not sure about the width of the newer tube style kendon's and the batwings. Great trailer for what it is.

Old 03-25-2010, 08:46 PM
Open Road
Road Captain

They work with an 09 and a 10 Street Glide side by side. Towed them in the winter 240 miles with no issues.

They're light weight, can be managed by one guy, loaded by one guy, etc. and store easily on the side of the house. The down side is the ramp but I bought a wider, aluminum solid ramp.

I did have to relocate the license plate to the left, so that the leg fairing cleared it when I was loading the bike on that side.

Last edited by Open Road; 03-25-2010 at 09:33 PM.

Quick Reply: Baggers on Kendon Trailer Pics anyone?