Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Redline Shockproof Heavy in the tranny

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 08:01 PM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts

I've run Redline Heavy Duty Shockproof in my last 4 Harley's, and it's hard to beat. In fact, I don't think it can be beat, if I did, I'd run something else. Welcome to the Pepto-Bismol family. Next time you know you've got some rookies swappin' lies about their bikes, bet 'em a beer that you run Pepto Bismol in your trans. When they jump on it, walk em over and pull the dipstick, if they still don't believe you, tell em to taste it. Believe me, it's worth a beer.

Old 03-30-2010, 08:18 PM
websterdan
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ronp42, Get 1 qt and try what really works.

Old 03-30-2010, 08:50 PM
Ronp42
Account Retired
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by websterdan
Ronp42, Get 1 qt and try what really works.
I'm for the best lubrication I can get. I've read enough post from guy's that I know feel the same. I'm trying to find some place that sells it local. I know theres a Dealer in Soddy Daisy TN, but that's over 50 miles from me. I may have to order it online. I'm going to try it!! Good input from everybody, Thanks!

Old 03-30-2010, 08:58 PM
Conehead
Road Captain

I found some at Cyclegear.

Old 03-30-2010, 09:58 PM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Ronp42
I'm for the best lubrication I can get. I've read enough post from guy's that I know feel the same. I'm trying to find some place that sells it local. I know theres a Dealer in Soddy Daisy TN, but that's over 50 miles from me. I may have to order it online. I'm going to try it!! Good input from everybody, Thanks!
Don't you have a local tractor store around somewhere close? Or perhaps a high end motorhead/gearhead shop for hotrodders. You can find it in lots of places besides just motorcycle shops. It's usually around folks that really know mechanics, gears, and what makes em last.

Old 03-31-2010, 06:34 AM
tn_cgl
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't where at in TN you are, but like Conehead mentioned, Cycle Gear in Memphis keeps a limited number of Redline products in stock and can order anything you need.

Old 03-31-2010, 07:06 AM
Ronp42
Account Retired
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I'm about 15 miles from Chattanooga Tn. I went to Redline's website and looked for Dealer's. The only one they list is at Soddy Daisy Tn. They also list places like Autozone, Pepboy's, and other places, but I haven't found one that sells it yet. I'm not giving up. I'll order online if I have to. I'll give honest feedback when I try it....Thanks for the help!

Old 03-31-2010, 09:41 AM
hawg08
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I did the same thing last Friday and my result was exactly the same!! I couldn't believe how much difference there was!!

Old 03-31-2010, 03:24 PM
chasswartz
Cruiser
Default Redline

I just tried the Redline shockproof, after about 200 miles I could not tell any difference from the Amsoil 20w50 that was in there. I do like the color, it is easy to see the level on the dipstick. If I can find it locally I will continue to use it, just for that reason.

Old 03-31-2010, 03:51 PM
DrPlastic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

I am with SICKBAGGER as I just put in a quart yesterday.WOW what a difference! Smoother shifts and it does quiet the tranny down quite a bit! I still have the 1st gear clunk but it is not as pronounced! Well worth the money. Kevin at Hampton Roads HD was able to get me a quart over nighted from Zippers for only $5 shipping. Again well worth the money!

Quick Reply: Redline Shockproof Heavy in the tranny