Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Enigine Oil in Bottom of Engine Case

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2010 | 06:44 AM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

When getting ready to fire a new motor you should always have 4 oz in the crankcases.

Old 03-23-2010 | 08:55 AM
iflyguns
|
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK.....
Thanks guys. Last few questions:
I'm sure the shop will stand behind it but for my own knowledge and the fact I might do it myself:
1. Is there any secret to getting the o-ring installed correctly, lube, etc.?
2. Which cam plate would you recommend? I think I'm going to upgrade.
3. I would like to go to a fueling pump, worth it?
4. If I change out the cam plate and pump is there anything else I'd need?
5. Does the new cam plate come with bearings installed?

Old 03-23-2010 | 11:11 AM
iflyguns
|
Intermediate

I just ordered a Fueling Cam Plate, Pump, and Cometic Gasket set.
I should be rolling after this.
Thanks for all of your assistance.
Tony D

Old 03-23-2010 | 01:29 PM
iflyguns
|
Intermediate

I'd like to pass some info I long I found and might provide usefull to you all.
http://www.feulingparts.com/wp/feuli...your-twin-cam/

Old 04-08-2010 | 06:11 AM
iflyguns
|
Intermediate
Exclamation

Guys, installed the following new parts. New Fueling Cam Plate and Pump, new o-rings, everything installed correctly to include pump alignment, great pressure both hot and cold......still sumping. I pulled the case drain and after only 200 miles on new parts got 6 oz of oil. I'm at a loss. The only other thing I'm thinking it can be is my breather umbrellas sticking OR my K&N Oil Filter which I have heard in the past causing pressure related problems causing sumping. Spark Plugs are clean and firing correctly, I‘m smelling oil fumes from the air cleaner area, no smoke from exhaust. When I took the cam chest apart I did inspect for silicone in the gallery holes and the holes are clean. BTW….that fueling plate and pump are supreme products. The fit and finish are outstanding and when installing the assembly, it just slid into place. Much better than the OEM stuff.

Old 04-08-2010 | 10:59 AM
Neckball
Stellar HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

When you pull the plug to check for sumping, can you do it with the motorcycle on the sidestand, does it need to be on a jack so it's level or does it matter?

Old 04-08-2010 | 11:53 AM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by iflyguns
Guys, installed the following new parts. New Fueling Cam Plate and Pump, new o-rings, everything installed correctly to include pump alignment, great pressure both hot and cold......still sumping. I pulled the case drain and after only 200 miles on new parts got 6 oz of oil. I'm at a loss. The only other thing I'm thinking it can be is my breather umbrellas sticking OR my K&N Oil Filter which I have heard in the past causing pressure related problems causing sumping. Spark Plugs are clean and firing correctly, I‘m smelling oil fumes from the air cleaner area, no smoke from exhaust. When I took the cam chest apart I did inspect for silicone in the gallery holes and the holes are clean. BTW….that fueling plate and pump are supreme products. The fit and finish are outstanding and when installing the assembly, it just slid into place. Much better than the OEM stuff.
6 ounces is ok...anything over I would worry

Old 04-08-2010 | 12:17 PM
iflyguns
|
Intermediate

Yeah, I figured 4-6 was ok between oil changes. Few things I've figured out as well. I'm always at 6100 rpm which de-seats rings which compounds this issue. Running synthetic oil doesn't help either. YES, I check the bike level. I'm going back to the stock filter, non-synthetic 20-50, going to stay below 5900 rpms and possibly put a breather in my oil line.