Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New TS lamp lens 2010 Street Glide

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 12:20 PM
royston
Road Captain
Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts
Thumbs up New TS lamp lens 2010 Street Glide

Guys,
Anyone located a smoked or similar replacement lens for the 2010 combi lens on the 2010 S/glides.
I considered just putting a normal smoked lens on but the factory amber lens has an integral type of diffuser so wondered if doing this might affect the view of rear brake etc.
Cheers
R

Old 03-22-2010, 02:01 PM
gibby122
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

....not sure what your saying with the "integral type of diffuser", but I replaced my front lenses with the smoked lenses that I had on my 05 RK Cust. I left the rear ones red, out of visibility concerns.

Old 03-22-2010, 04:12 PM
royston
Road Captain

Originally Posted by gibby122
....not sure what your saying with the "integral type of diffuser", but I replaced my front lenses with the smoked lenses that I had on my 05 RK Cust. I left the rear ones red, out of visibility concerns.
I dont know if the home models are different in this instance from the international ones I have, I understand your RKC may be different from the one I had over here, (Great bike still missed tho).
The 2010 S/glides do not have the usual taillight as the earlier models and HD have introduced tailight stop function to the turn signals....looks a nicer back end as less protruding from the fender line..
Cheers
R

Old 03-22-2010, 09:43 PM
cupcars
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by royston
Guys,
Anyone located a smoked or similar replacement lens for the 2010 combi lens on the 2010 S/glides.
I considered just putting a normal smoked lens on but the factory amber lens has an integral type of diffuser so wondered if doing this might affect the view of rear brake etc.
Cheers
R
I bought some cheap smoked lenses off of ebay. They came with amber 1157 bulbs which I did not use. I had a pair of chrome 1157 amber bulbs I used up front but as for the rear, I bought a pair of red led 1157 bulbs from Autozone.

I also replaced the factory Tri-bar taillight with the HD Tri-bar tail/brakelight unit. Since the MoCo did away with the taillight on the 2010's I figured the more brake lights the better.

Old 03-22-2010, 09:46 PM
austin_marxxx
Intermediate

I also did the same, used an LED 1157 light bulb from autozone, a little pricey for a bulb, but it looks pretty good. The light flashes a little faster than stock,,but it works.

Old 03-23-2010, 06:29 AM
MIA_Ultra
Advanced

You can find them on EBAY all day look. Look there and you are sure to find them

Old 03-23-2010, 10:01 AM
royston
Road Captain
Default 2010 models

Guys it seems we might be confusing the pre 2010 model SG lighting set ups with the later ones that do not have the "usual" tail light.....I am still looking for a smoked lens to suit...#Cheers

Old 03-23-2010, 09:19 PM
ICIBUY
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by cupcars
I bought some cheap smoked lenses off of ebay. They came with amber 1157 bulbs which I did not use. I had a pair of chrome 1157 amber bulbs I used up front but as for the rear, I bought a pair of red led 1157 bulbs from Autozone.

I also replaced the factory Tri-bar taillight with the HD Tri-bar tail/brakelight unit. Since the MoCo did away with the taillight on the 2010's I figured the more brake lights the better.
Excat same upgrades I did on my 10 X and I havent heard any complaints of not seeing my brake lights yet.

Harley part number for the smoked turn signal covers 69304-02 (comes with 4 lenses and 4 amber bulbs)

Last edited by ICIBUY; 03-23-2010 at 09:23 PM.
Old 03-24-2010, 05:13 AM
royston
Road Captain

Originally Posted by ICIBUY
Excat same upgrades I did on my 10 X and I havent heard any complaints of not seeing my brake lights yet.

Harley part number for the smoked turn signal covers 69304-02 (comes with 4 lenses and 4 amber bulbs)
Hi good to see we have the same model, i am interested to confirm that yours doesnt have the "stock" tailight as on the earlier models? Did your original turn signal lens have a "diffused " section in the plastic which I ssumed was to allow a greater dissipation of light from the brake section of the led lamp??
Cheers

Old 03-24-2010, 11:26 AM
ICIBUY
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by royston
Hi good to see we have the same model, i am interested to confirm that yours doesnt have the "stock" tailight as on the earlier models? Did your original turn signal lens have a "diffused " section in the plastic which I ssumed was to allow a greater dissipation of light from the brake section of the led lamp??
Cheers
When you use the word "diffused".... if you are speaking of the deflector that is right behind the bulb to make the light out-put brighter and actually looks a little like an LED then yes that is what mine has. No I do not have the stock or tombstone tail-light... here is a pic of the rear of my bike...

Quick Reply: New TS lamp lens 2010 Street Glide