Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New TS lamp lens 2010 Street Glide

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 12:43 PM
gibby122
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ICIBUY
When you use the word "diffused".... if you are speaking of the deflector that is right behind the bulb to make the light out-put brighter and actually looks a little like an LED then yes that is what mine has.
so the actuall 'smoked lense' has nothing to do with what we're talking about here then? I changed out my front leses to smoked ones, and there was no difference in them besideds the color, yellow vs smoked. I didnt do the rear one's cuz red doesnt bug me and want them to be as bright as possible, especially during the day. But it sounds like the OP is saying the "Lense" itself has some type of 'diffuser' on it. ICIBUY says its behind the bulb, or in the light bar, or 'housing' itself where the light is 'diffused', wich makes more sense.

Ima haftu pull mine to see for myself...

Old 03-24-2010, 02:11 PM
ICIBUY
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Correct... the light diffuser or as I call it the reflector is kinda like a chrome piece that sits behind the bulb in the housing. If I make it home before dark I will try to post a pic but thats not looking good at this point!

Old 03-25-2010, 05:25 AM
royston
Road Captain
Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

When you use the word "diffused".... if you are speaking of the deflector that is right behind the bulb to make the light out-put brighter and actually looks a little like an LED then yes that is what mine has. No I do not have the stock or tombstone tail-light... here is a pic of the rear of my bike...
hey, a picture tells a thousand words.....Thanks for that, clears it all for me . I have some spare smoked lenses knocking around at home so I will try them out at the weekend.
Many thanks for your help.
Cheers
R

Old 03-25-2010, 04:58 PM
royston
Road Captain

Correct... the light diffuser or as I call it the reflector is kinda like a chrome piece that sits behind the bulb in the housing. If I make it home before dark I will try to post a pic but thats not looking good at this point!
Hi again, now all of that is clear can you tell me if HD have made it more difficult to remove the lens on the latest models, whilst out in the garage tonight i noticed there is no slot in the lens like there used to be and simply trying to twist and pull it off didnt seem to work either....before I revert to brute force I wondered if I might have missed something?
.................what we do for a smoked lens - grin
Thanks
R

Old 03-25-2010, 07:10 PM
austin_marxxx
Intermediate
Default lights

i just changed mine last week, and there was a little notch, which was perfect for a flat screw driver to slip behind. both forward and back.

i went wtith the smoked/visor signal covers

Old 04-11-2010, 11:53 AM
Easy Rider G
Stage I
Default Rear lenses (bullet style) wider than front lenses

When you use the word "diffused".... if you are speaking of the deflector that is right behind the bulb to make the light out-put brighter and actually looks a little like an LED then yes that is what mine has. No I do not have the stock or tombstone tail-light... here is a pic of the rear of my bike...
Hi ICIBUY,

I have a 2010 FLHX here in Germany and I am looking for smoked lenses for the front and rear turning lights. On my bike the rear lenses (where the leds are sitting) are wider (2,56") than the front lense (2,36").

I am wondering, how you did with your 4 smoked lenses from ebay? And how did you remove the wider rear lense ... it seems to be glued into the rest of the bullet frame.

Thanks,

Easy Rider G

Old 04-12-2010, 03:55 AM
royston
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Easy Rider G
Hi ICIBUY,

I have a 2010 FLHX here in Germany and I am looking for smoked lenses for the front and rear turning lights. On my bike the rear lenses (where the leds are sitting) are wider (2,56") than the front lense (2,36").

I am wondering, how you did with your 4 smoked lenses from ebay? And how did you remove the wider rear lense ... it seems to be glued into the rest of the bullet frame.

Thanks,

Easy Rider G
Hi, yeah it seems the international models differ from the US ones in regard of theb rear turn signal, at least that the view of the moment as the Guys in here dont apprear to have the "problem" we have. It was only when checking the diameter with a ruler that I finally worked it out although I kept thinking they looked bigger than the front. I guess HD will bring out the "larger" lenses in smoked to appease us in time but until then unless I have it completely wrong we will have to stick with the amber....
Cheers
R

Old 05-15-2010, 05:42 PM
petrusa
Stage IV
Default argentinas asking

i just recieve my 2010 SG
BUTTTTT...it came without the 3 led lines in the tail
is this correct???
is this an accesorie???
or maybe the south american bike???
pls help

Old 05-15-2010, 06:25 PM
flhxkiller
Road Warrior
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Petrusa try PN 67774-10 accessory

Last edited by flhxkiller; 05-15-2010 at 07:56 PM.
Old 05-15-2010, 08:49 PM
petrusa
Stage IV
Default but

thanks for the answer
but this PN 67774-10 is an accesory
my q is causa I DONT HAVE A LIGHT THERE
from factory...do u have a light>>>????

my new bike has not...or maybe is disconnected

i dont know...pls help

Quick Reply: New TS lamp lens 2010 Street Glide