Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tour Pak Lid Organizer

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 11:18 AM
TexasBowhunter
Road Warrior
Received 27 Likes on 10 Posts

IMO
I once had the lid organizer and was happy with it when it was new...
After awhile there was the aging that went with it with the items that was stored in it...
After awhile the mesh started to relax and didn't look as nice as it did in day one...
Actually looked kinda sad...
I removed the lid Organizer and bought a wall organized and what an improvement it was...
The mesh did stretch but it didn't stretch much to the point when you open the T/P the organized is there looking sloppy and all worn out...
Plus I made the wall Organized detachable with a snapping system that allows the removal of the organizer when it didn't need to be used...However I have yet had to remove it for any reason what so ever unless I just wanted to vaccumm out the tour pack liner...
FFT

Old 03-22-2010, 05:59 PM
psychocircus
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 07FLHT
Just did a "ebay motors" "motorcycle parts" search for "tour pak lid organizers" got 14 matches. Kury one looks pretty good, $41.99 & free shipping. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/KURYA...item19b6cfeb9c
its nice but the adhesive on the velcro lid side has come off on mine...meaning it seprated from the velcro itself. i replaced it with 3-m velcro...same thing. even with nothing in the organizer its seperates...i think heat is the issue as i did follow the directions to the t. im after the hd one that wraps the wall of the tourpak, on sale of course!

Old 03-22-2010, 06:44 PM
santajim
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 329 Likes on 224 Posts

Go to Wally World get a over the back of the seat organizer. Mine looks alot like the HD one has zipper pockets I bought a visor mirror for the little lady, fits perfect total cost $14.95 including mirror.

Old 03-23-2010, 12:20 AM
txrancher47
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kuryakyn makes a nice one...about $39.00

http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/de...er&model_id=93

Old 03-23-2010, 12:32 AM
Paniolo
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I love my HD lid organizer and feel it was a good investment. Having said that, I must also add that it did add weight to the lid even though I only store soft light stuff in it. The tourpack rack adds even more weight. Same with a rack bag.

The reason I mention this is that last year the tether broke. While the tether only costs a few bucks, the repair and painting to the lid and tourpack was expensive. Both were damaged when the lid flopped over ripping the hinges out of the fiberglass and cracking the lid and tourpack. So, if you are going to add a tourpack organizer or rack or both, consider swapping out the tether too. It's an inexpensive part for piece of mind.

Old 03-23-2010, 01:19 AM
coliseum
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 03-23-2010, 01:46 AM
doc_cj
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought a no-name brand off Ebay last year for my '09 Ultra. It seemed like a great idea at the time. It mounted to the lid using double sided tape. Within a few days the thing had fallen down and the tape wouldn't hold. I had only put a pair of gloves and a couple pairs of extra glasses in the thing at that point.

I bought new 3M double sided tape, but that didn't seem to help. I don't think it was so much the tape as just the weight of what goes into it. On the FL models the shaking adds to the limited cohesion factor, in my opinion.

Hopefully others have had better luck.

I'm considering the Wall mounted HD system for the '10 Limited. I want to be able to put my cell phone, small camera, and similar stuff inside to keep them from being tossed around while riding. So I'll probably stear clear of the lid-organizer, even though I still like the idea.

Old 03-23-2010, 02:12 AM
coliseum
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would apply some glue to it... Silicon or similar.

Old 03-23-2010, 03:31 AM
mike5511
Elite HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

If you have a luggage rack, get 1/4" longer screws and some fender washers. It will be there for ever.

Old 03-23-2010, 07:32 AM
Jonny Cannon
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Indeed. I put my luggage rack screws through it. All 4 of them. It's the only way. I tried all kinds of different tapes. I didn't want to try a liquid adhesive; that would have been a last resort. Mine works great, and I've loaded the s**t out of it.

Cannon

Quick Reply: Tour Pak Lid Organizer