Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road King - Classic or Standard

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 06:44 AM
Raaze07
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Classic - definitely. Had an '03 RKC and I just loved the retro look, the cruise was awesome for long trips, the fat white walls, tank badges - there's a reason it's called the "Classic"!

Old 04-17-2010, 02:55 AM
drspencer
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Whiskers
Just about all of my friends wash their tires; whether they own bikes with black walls or wide whites, so the argument that WWW's are a greater challenge to clean doesn't really compute with me. It takes me 5-minutes each tire when I'm washing the bike...time I don't mind spending on it.

You won't go wrong with either bike, so it comes down to hard bags vs. leather bags; cast vs. spoke wheels; and black walls vs. white walls. Each has certain cleaning requirements, but if you'd rather not take the time and want to run with a dirty bike, then it really doesn't matter which one you chose.

Whiskers-Great looking bike, what year/color?
Thanks

Old 04-17-2010, 06:24 AM
coliseum
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 07fatboycustom
both are great, infact i like all harleys. I just happen to like mine the most. I dont have cruise. I am from the old school of a bike is a bike. I wont add a stereo either. I ride to be a part of the surroundings. However for those who do that is what they want. So just get what you want the MOST. It's your baby.
Totally agree!!!

Old 04-17-2010, 06:35 AM
Fitter64
Cruiser

I like the look of leather bags. Someday I will have hard bags on an Ultra. Not yet though. As mentioned, either way you can't go wrong.

Old 04-17-2010, 09:31 AM
Whiskers
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by drspencer
Whiskers-Great looking bike, what year/color?
Thanks
Thanks! My bike is a 2002 and it came from the factory with two-tone Luxury Blue/Birch White on the tank only. A couple years ago I had a local shop paint the rest of the bike to match the tank.

Ride safe.

Old 04-17-2010, 09:51 AM
mongomark
Road Master
Received 65 Likes on 45 Posts

I still think it's a damn shame the custom isn't made anymore. Had some of the style of the street glide with it's clean look. Otherwise, I'd go with the standard and have alloy wheels (don't like dealing with spokes, especially when you're adding power) with the hard bags.

Old 04-17-2010, 10:13 AM
donnie397
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Easy choice. RKC with hard bags. The pics are from Pigeon Forge/Smoky Mountains ride. So awesome...

Attached Thumbnails Road King - Classic or Standard-dsc02112.jpg   Road King - Classic or Standard-dsc02115.jpg   Road King - Classic or Standard-dsc02022.jpg  
Old 04-17-2010, 10:23 AM
mi2az
Outstanding HDF Member

I was looking at the 2 bikes as well.

I want lockable bags, and since the leather doesn't lock, it's the standard.

I also want a tubeless tire. As for cruise, you can get that as an add on also ABS too.

Old 04-17-2010, 01:14 PM
Damascus
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

If you like the look of the standard, you might as well consider a police model that comes stock with the bigger 103 ci engine, oil cooler, and a few other advantages.

That's what I did, but ...

Some of those classics are just beautiful and I be damned if I don't find myself checking them out more and more these days.

How the hell am going to explain this to the wife???!!!

Old 04-17-2010, 01:24 PM
RKRick1
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They are both definitely very nice and it depends on what you are looking for, but I chose my standard for the hard bags and the wheels with tubeless tires. I also like the way the hard bags add to the shine! On a given day, I could go either way.

Quick Reply: Road King - Classic or Standard