Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road King - Classic or Standard

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 03:26 PM
MYKSHD
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey TFA, where are you at? I think you should get a Vivid black Road King Classic. I have one for sale 2010, 7 miles won it on a raffle $16,800 FOB Willmar, MN.

Old 03-23-2010, 04:15 PM
beary
Grand HDF Member
Received 283 Likes on 188 Posts

Originally Posted by harleybill2008
I had a classic and my buddy also had a classic. He swapped out his bags for the hard ones and I think his looked better. My leather bags scratched and didn't look that great after a few years, especially after getting caught in the rain a couple of times. .
I like them both, so I don't have a dog in this fight. However my leather bags were easier to take care of than my hard bags. Leather does need to be treated every three or four months, but that is easier than waxing and they look new after. If I had a scratch, I just got some black shoe polish and the scratch is gone. I'm about to spend a couple hundred to repaint my hard bag from a big scratch. My leather bags held a lot more and they could be open one handed. Hard to do with the hard bags and that comes up now and then when I walk out of a store with an arms full.

I do like the RK with both bags, its just a matter of personal choice. But the leather was easier for me to keep looking nice.

Beary

Old 03-23-2010, 05:07 PM
izzy
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Locking hard bags that are weather proof, tubeless tires that can be plugged on the road. No Spokes to clean, tighten, or rust. Add the cruise control before you take delivery. Oh, and one more thing there's a Road King and a Road King Classic. If you want "Standard" in the name you'll need to get an E-Glide.

Old 03-23-2010, 05:31 PM
l.hamilton
Stage II

I have a 07 Classic with leather Bags found I could carry more and lock them when I got off so at times I want the look of the soft bags I just remove my hard bags and switch.do the same thing with the windshield,got a Hoppe Batwing with radio had it painted Red like the Bike looks great and better weather protection in the fall nice to switch back in warm weather,PS I sold my leather Bags and then wanted them so had to pay more for them,my advise keep both.Ride safe ,Lyle

Old 03-23-2010, 08:05 PM
07fatboycustom
Cruiser

both are great, infact i like all harleys. I just happen to like mine the most. I dont have cruise. I am from the old school of a bike is a bike. I wont add a stereo either. I ride to be a part of the surroundings. However for those who do that is what they want. So just get what you want the MOST. It's your baby.

Attached Thumbnails Road King - Classic or Standard-img_1278.jpg  
Old 03-23-2010, 10:23 PM
Whiskers
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 46 Posts

Just about all of my friends wash their tires; whether they own bikes with black walls or wide whites, so the argument that WWW's are a greater challenge to clean doesn't really compute with me. It takes me 5-minutes each tire when I'm washing the bike...time I don't mind spending on it.

You won't go wrong with either bike, so it comes down to hard bags vs. leather bags; cast vs. spoke wheels; and black walls vs. white walls. Each has certain cleaning requirements, but if you'd rather not take the time and want to run with a dirty bike, then it really doesn't matter which one you chose.

Old 03-25-2010, 02:28 AM
TFA
Novice

Thanks again for all your replies.

fatbobmg - I'm in Seattle, so you are a pretty fair distance away. Though with the weather we have had lately probably wouldn't be a bad ride back.

Old 03-25-2010, 04:43 AM
pilgrim08
Tourer

Like the hard bags myself.

Old 03-25-2010, 05:01 AM
bikertrucker
6th Gear

I have the 07 Road King with the hard bags and love them, My buddy has a Classic,besides the Leather bags there are a lot more charicturastics as well,look the 2 of them over you will notice a big difference (example fender tips and so on)go with what you like,i like the idea of being able to lock mine.

Old 03-25-2010, 05:47 AM
trib
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tom,
If you can, just look at both models side by side and make a decision. Hopefully your not too concerned about what others think of your bike. Your the one who has to ride/pay for it.
I have an '04 RK Classic so i'm kind of partial. But just take a look a Wisker's scoot. Man if that isn't a gorgious bike, I don't know what is. If I had it to do over, my choice would be a two-toned, (mine is black) Road-King Classic. But as I said, choose what looks good to you.
Sam

Quick Reply: Road King - Classic or Standard