Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer Bafled by Cruise Control

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2006, 09:19 PM
Mac57
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dealer Bafled by Cruise Control

My EGC has been in my dealer's sevice department since July 25th. This is the second time they are attempting to fix the cruise control which was installed by them and has not worked from day one. I talked to the tech today and he told me that they have gone through all the diagnostics and have even gotten a rep from the MoCo involved and they are still scratching their heads. They have not given up yet, but I am beginning to get a little concerned. The service department has been pretty good to me so far. They are always friendly and treat me with respect. I hope they can get the bugs out this week because Monday morning my wife and I are leaving for Shenandoah. Have any of you ever had gremlins like this in your cruise control?

Old 08-02-2006, 10:07 PM
toolbox
Road Master
Default RE: Dealer Bafled by Cruise Control

Heck after all that Ide just tell them to replace the controller! I dont think the damn thing cost but $350.00--Good luck on your problems.
TOOLBOX

[IMG]local://upfiles/11196/F051317918B54D93B311A7A371A5FEFA.jpg[/IMG]

Old 08-02-2006, 10:10 PM
harley0711
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 80 Posts

I agree - this is not rocket sceince - tell them to throw the POS away and put a new one in

Old 08-02-2006, 10:10 PM
One_Screamin_Eagle
Banned

Too bad you didn't tell us what's wrong - maybe we've seen it before.

Old 08-02-2006, 10:27 PM
Mac57
Road Warrior

Well, the first thing they did was replace the main cable. When that didn't work they replaced the whole unit. THAT did not work, so they tried two more. WTF!! They tested every possible cause and came up empty. As I said, they have not thrown in the towel yet, but I gotta wonder if they really have their act together. I read on a previous post here about the cause being a bad brake light relay. I mentioned this to the service manager and he told me they have already been down that road. That's about all I know right now.

Old 08-03-2006, 01:04 AM
goodbirds
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Mine wouldn't hold very long after engaging it. The problem was a faulty switch on the throttle cable which disengages the cruise control when you roll back on the throttle.

Old 08-03-2006, 10:36 AM
Feroce
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Now this is really dumb ........., but ask them if they turned on the switch on the Fairing cap.

Now is the RED cruise light on the tach "ON"?

Check all Socket Terminals and Pin Terminals in the connectors for fully seated and not to large to make connection.

Ed

Old 08-03-2006, 11:02 AM
1flhtk4me
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 90 Likes on 67 Posts

Sometimes getting warranty work done is a PITA.The techs have to follow procedures set up by MOCO.This increases the time to fix things sometimes.
I went thru this crap with a fuel gauge that is still not somewhat accurate.

Old 08-03-2006, 11:58 AM
jjsanta
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Which dealer is that? I'm in Jersey, and I want to be sure to stay away from them!

Old 08-03-2006, 09:00 PM
Mac57
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: jjsanta

Which dealer is that? I'm in Jersey, and I want to be sure to stay away from them!
My dealer is Kosco HD in Kinnelon. Actually their service department has a good rep. They've done right by me in a couple other issues so I can't really rip them. I talked to the tech today and they have narrowed the problem down to a "coupling". I don't know which one or what it is exactly, but they ordered a new one. Problem is it won't arrive until after I have left for Shenandoah. No sweat, I can deal with it. A friend of mine rode his 1978 Superglide out to Arizona and back a few years ago. In the mean time they will atempt to repair the coupling with the intention of replacing it when I get back. Going to pick up the scoot now.

Quick Reply: Dealer Bafled by Cruise Control