Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

3" Top Shop Bags/CVO Fender & Fascia: The Mock-Up

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2010, 02:02 PM
Big Twi$t
Stellar HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 44 Posts
Default 3" Top Shop Bags/CVO Fender & Fascia: The Mock-Up

So, I wasn't going to start this phase for about another month, but I needed to replace my rear tire and thought I might as well start it now.

I'll be happy if the final alignment ends up like it is in the photo. It's mocked-up without using the rubber grommets for the pins.

Old 03-21-2010, 02:15 PM
Glide'n09
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That almost looks like my Monster Ovals could fit in that cut out.

Looks good.

Old 03-21-2010, 02:32 PM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

sorry, but what mufflers are going to match to that shape cutout? post pics when you get the mufflers mounted, , I would have bought the harley ext bags to have a much better match on the cutout for the mufflers. JMO no offense.

Old 03-21-2010, 03:01 PM
Big Twi$t
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by leohd
sorry, but what mufflers are going to match to that shape cutout? post pics when you get the mufflers mounted, , I would have bought the harley ext bags to have a much better match on the cutout for the mufflers. JMO no offense.
Leo, First...I ALWAYS know it's your opinion and that you WILL chime in (especially when it comes to TS)...so no offense taken.

Next, like I've said before...I do NOT like the CVO bags (curved bottom) or CVO extensions so those are a no go for me. The mufflers are the same...CFR. I do not like any after market bag/fenders set-ups out there...period. They ALL look non-practical to me. They way I ride, I would eat them all alive. I'm worried about these bags w/ a 3" stretch. I'll be adding a 13" shock to help out with not scraping. Plus, those fender covers/replacements hide my fat *** tire...I can't stand that either.

Like I said in the first post...I'll be happy if the final alignment looks like it does in the pic and that's all that matters...my money being spent!

And, last thing...If I didn't post a pic not too many of you out there would even be able to see the alignment when I'm riding. You couldn't catch up and get close enough. Just saying.

Old 03-21-2010, 03:33 PM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

I can't wait to see it finished.

Old 03-21-2010, 03:55 PM
GliderXXX
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 52 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by leohd
JMO but Harley extended bags suck. Harley tack on extensions suck. Nothing sucks worse though than someone who constantly gives opinions, particularly when it's to criticize one particular brand, but does nothing to their own bike. If you "would have bought the harley ext bags to have a much better match on the cutout for the mufflers" why haven't you done it?
I asked you before, but it warrants repeating, "what the hell is wrong with you man?"

Old 03-21-2010, 04:06 PM
swoopjr
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That looks good. Can't wait to see it finished. I've been thinking of going the same way.

Old 03-21-2010, 04:13 PM
HOGBOY57
Road Captain

i think it looks good. i really like the cvo fender and fascia.

Old 03-21-2010, 04:28 PM
ENTERPRISE
Tourer

it will look great

Old 03-21-2010, 04:58 PM
Big Twi$t
Stellar HDF Member

Here's the final alignment...I'm good with it. Off to paint!!!!

Quick Reply: 3" Top Shop Bags/CVO Fender & Fascia: The Mock-Up