Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is all black Vivid Black?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2010 | 01:16 PM
beary
|
Grand HDF Member
Default Is all black Vivid Black?

Well it happened and I don't how, I was off the bike standing in front of the gas pump when I heard her crash behind me. Turned around and their was my SG laying on her side. The same feeling flashed through me when my horse was laying on her side with and injured leg.

We were on a slight slope I guess, but it didn't seem like enough for it to fall over. I did typically fill up from the left side so that any gas that dripped out the nozzle wouldn't land on the hot engine case. Because of that, I turn the front wheel full right to give me more room to the tank inlet, and that will take some lean out. And it was a windy day. All that added up to a lot of money being spent. fairing and engine guard took a hit. Its amazing, I have dropped my 02 RKC in the parking lot while riding and only the engine guard got scratched. Sheesh.

Anyway I went to a bike painter who has a very good reputation here in Oklahoma City. No problem painting my bike, but he doesn't use Harley's Vivid Black. He never has and promises I won't be able to tell a difference. In fact it will look even better because it won't have the Harley orange peel. I trust him because he is very reputable.

So doe's that mean all Black is Vivid Black?

Beary

Last edited by beary; 03-21-2010 at 01:25 PM.
Old 03-21-2010 | 01:24 PM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member

Black is very easy to match. You'll be satisfied if he is a good painter. No reason to use Harley's Vivid Black at all.