Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

highway pegs

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2010, 12:41 PM
Harpoonman
Club Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Depending on your leg length... if you're long in the leg, you may like the long angle extensions,(my buddy who is about 6'-4" and long legged likes the long angle) If not.. then either the short angle or the 360's. I had the 360's on my 05...even with them angled in a bit after awhile I felt like I was having to reach around the lowers. If you remove the lowers for summer riding ... no problem. I tried the long angle... I just couldn't get them in a comfortable position that did not interfere with me getting my right foot from the rear brake pedal to the ground. So I went with the short angle... and like them very well...I think they will give you more position options. I have a 33 inch inseam. Mater of fact, I need to take some pictures of my long angles and put them up for sale.

Old 03-21-2010, 04:53 PM
leadman
Road Master
Received 79 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by twodollarbill
Install floorboard extensions also.
You can then ride with your heels on your floorboards and your toes on your highway pegs.
I have the SOOS extenders already installed.They have worked great.
I just want to stretch my legs straight out,not up.

Old 03-21-2010, 06:09 PM
FLS2FLH
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Leadman - Here are some shots of my setup. Probably a little higher than you are looking for but think the hardware I have would achieve your goal.

I bought the Kuryakyn Switchblades (4443) and their offset footrest mounts (7996)

The first pic shows the mounts. I've got them straight but you can lower them by two inches. If you slide the clamp down the guard bar slightly you will get pretty close to the height of your floorboard I think.

The second pic will give you some perspective.

Hope this helps your decision!

Attached Thumbnails highway pegs-pegs1.jpg   highway pegs-pegs2.jpg  
Old 03-21-2010, 06:20 PM
Kirkj1s
Intermediate

HD Long Adjustable mounted low. I can still rest heels on floorboards and foot on pegs, or go pegs only or rest them on top of pegs.

Old 03-21-2010, 07:05 PM
leadman
Road Master
Received 79 Likes on 56 Posts

Thanks all.Lots of good ideas here for me to process.
I'll have to do some studying to see which way to go.

Old 03-22-2010, 08:28 AM
makstv5
Banned
Default peg location on engine gaurd

I've been moving my HD 360's all over the place trying to find the most comfortable position. Seems like when i get a comfortable one it is awful close to the brake area and i'm afraid that it could get in the way of moving my foot in and out of that area. Anyone having similar issues? I clamp them in front than i move them to the back of the bar just can't settle on a permanent location. Also, i like to have the peg hinge turned on an angle towards the back a little so they will get pushed up if i brush close to something and that kicks them back near the brake petal area even more when their up.

Old 03-22-2010, 11:36 AM
Harpoonman
Club Member

Originally Posted by makstv5
I've been moving my HD 360's all over the place trying to find the most comfortable position. Seems like when i get a comfortable one it is awful close to the brake area and i'm afraid that it could get in the way of moving my foot in and out of that area. Anyone having similar issues? I clamp them in front than i move them to the back of the bar just can't settle on a permanent location. Also, i like to have the peg hinge turned on an angle towards the back a little so they will get pushed up if i brush close to something and that kicks them back near the brake petal area even more when their up.
I mention that in post#11, but did not go into detail....for me, that seems to be a bit of an issue, no matter which style of peg arm I used...I have tried the 360, the long angle and the short angle. For me the best compromise has been the short angled arm... because of the faring lower. I like to have my pegs up unless my feet are on them. I have gone just about as low as I can go, without having an interferance problem with the foot form brake to ground.

Old 03-22-2010, 12:48 PM
rg_dave
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

I use the short hd adjustable mounts and the streamliner pegs to match the bike. I have them mounted low so that I can rest my heels on the end of the boards while my toes are on the pegs if I want to.

Old 03-22-2010, 08:40 PM
bmaier
Road Warrior
Received 97 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by SG_Dave
I use the short hd adjustable mounts and the streamliner pegs to match the bike. I have them mounted low so that I can rest my heels on the end of the boards while my toes are on the pegs if I want to.
yep, the short angles have been real versatile for me from heels on the boards and toes on the hiway pegs to stretched all the way out, I like the way the shorts fit around the lowers

Old 03-22-2010, 09:24 PM
RK Ivan
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Pegs

Originally Posted by leadman
After having put almost 33,000 mi. on the scooter I've decided to add highway pegs. I don't want to raise my feet up,just stretch my legs some. Any suggestions?
The adjustable angled pegs are sweet and have many configs.

Quick Reply: highway pegs