Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

road zep seat

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2006, 01:04 PM
harleymikeny
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default road zep seat

i got a 06 se ultra and cant do more than 80 miles without a break. this seat looks great but suxs. anybody use the road zep or can u recomand a better 1 that harley makes, not interested in corbin or road sofa. thanks ahead

Old 08-02-2006, 01:11 PM
Pathfinder
Cruiser
Default RE: road zep seat

I've got a Road Zeppelin hangin in the shop right now. I wore my original seat out and went for more padding. As far as my part (the rider) it was pretty good. I liked the adjustability and the extra padding around the thighs. Unfortunately, my wife hates it. Way too firm for her taste. She's used to an Air Hawk pad and won't ride without it. I went back to the reach seat and had a custom gel pad insert in the front.

Old 08-02-2006, 02:16 PM
89FLHT
Stellar HDF Member
Received 139 Likes on 79 Posts

Lepera offers a "Foam Program". They will ship you the seat that you like for your bike with out any covering on it. It will be the seat pan and the foam.

From there you can mount it on your bike and then determine what modifications you would want to make to it to make it more comfortable, including Gel inserts, additional foam, resculpting specific area's, etc. Then they perform the mods and send it back to you to determine if any other mods are needed.

I did this with the "Monterey" touring seat from Lepera and it is the most comfortable seat I have ever had.

Old 08-02-2006, 02:39 PM
zubaugh
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I have the Road Zep and it's OK. By that I mean that I can ride all day (1,000 miles) with mild discomfort. Since I'm stopping every 150 miles for gas I'm OK with it. The air adjustments help but I still get soreness no mattter how I adjust it. I guess the point is I never need to stop just because of the soreness.

My Ultra SE seat sucks! Sure it's heated but on a 1,000 mile day I'm stopping every 70-80 miles just to get past the soreness.

I've read all kinds of posts and believe we are all different in what pain levels and or where it hurts. I met a guy last weekend that uses a wheelbarrow innertube with very little air. Says he can ride all day with that. I can too with the Road Zep but I still know it's been a long day.

This probably isn't much help but it's truthful.

Old 08-02-2006, 02:59 PM
gunrunner
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

There is a recall on some of the road zep. seats due to the air pump falure so you might check with the dealer for the facts before buying a used one. and remember one for a 97 and up is different from those 96 and older even though they look the same. I have found that long rides are not that much of a problem with most any good seat if you just take a quick break about every 100-150 miles and strech your legs.

Old 08-02-2006, 09:12 PM
Steele
Cruiser

Love the Zepplin seat, so does the woman behind me. She calls it her queen seat.

[IMG][/IMG]