Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Oops I did it again!..."

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2010 | 11:22 AM
6023zub
Cruiser

Welcome to the Dark Side. I picked one up last Saturday. Love it!

Old 03-20-2010 | 11:31 AM
rerb95
Road Warrior

welcome back

Old 03-20-2010 | 12:29 PM
Phat09flhx
Road Captain

Love it, same color and model I keep lookin at when I go into HD. My wife has to drag me away from it since I just purchased my 09 SG. One day, oh yes one day I will own a RG.

Old 03-20-2010 | 01:26 PM
09streetbobber
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Phurion
Sold my '07 FLHX w/103" and boat-load of other upgrades back in November thinking I was done with riding. Should have known it was just boredom with a 3 year old bike, cuz "once a rider, always a rider".

This time I crossed over to "the dark side" when I walked into my local shop and saw the new 2010 FLTRX Custom in Denim Black. They also had a 2010 FLHX in Black Denim, so I was somewhat torn on the decision, so I slept on it. The next day (yesterday) I went back in and took 'em both for a spin. I'd never ridden a fixed fairing bike before, but absolutely fell in love with it once I did.

She's mine now boys! Introducing "Dark Side", my new toy. Unfortunately thanks to Texas weather (first day of Spring, < 40* temps + rain after being in the mid 70's just *yesterday*...GAH!) I had to just snap a couple of quick pics in my garage.

i know what you mean! im in southeast new mexico with the same weather!! it even snowed last night! then the rest of the week its suppose to be mid 70s!! wtf??? sweet bike man!!!!!!

Old 03-20-2010 | 01:44 PM
shortride
Ultimate HDF Member

First time I've seen a Jiffy Stand pad used on concrete. May as well get use to it. It will get rusty on the bottom soon enough. It looks like something I would do.

Old 03-20-2010 | 01:50 PM
Big_Al47
Ultimate HDF Member
Veteran: Army

Awesome dude! Welcome back

Old 03-20-2010 | 02:40 PM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member

sure does look fugly

Old 03-21-2010 | 07:46 AM
Phurion
|
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by lp
Funny...the RG is the latest thing around here! I bought a vivid black 10 in the fall and the next month or so two buddies got rid of their EGC and SG for RGs. These are dudes that previously made fun of the RG. Converted!

so...nice bike! You're going to love the Dark Side.

lp
Oh yeh. I'd done my share of poking fun at RG's a while back, but later began to really dig the sportier elongated look of the sharknose. The real sincher was riding a batwing, then sharknose, then batwing, then sharknose again, one right after the other. Just simply no comparison. It was a bit on the windy side Friday evening as this front was rolling in, so I was able to feel/see a real difference in the way each one performed in strong head/back/cross winds. While the RG still got pushed around a little, at least it wasn't jerking the handlebars left/right the way it did on the batwing. Oddly enough, I found myself liking the open/uncramped feeling (as someone else put it) of the the sharknose being further away from me. Very refreshing, but taller shield will definitely be ordered soon. =)

Originally Posted by bikes
First time I've seen a Jiffy Stand pad used on concrete. May as well get use to it. It will get rusty on the bottom soon enough. It looks like something I would do.
ROFL!

Long-story-short: Had just purchased that thing a few weeks before I sold my '07 FLHX, tossed it in the saddle bags and forgot about it. Emptied the bags when I sold it, then again proceeded to forget about everything I'd just dumped on a shelf in the garage. After I brought the new bike home Friday evening I remembered that pile of stuff (tire repair kit, rain gear, wrench set, etc) and just tossed it down on the ground next to the bike. Put everything back in the bags, but since the pad was still a virgin I just slid it under the stand for shitz-n-grinz. It's back in the bag now.

Side note: SNOW IN TEXAS ON THE FIRST DAY OF SPRING?!?!?!

W?!
T?!
F?!

Leo...when you gonna trade yours in?

Last edited by Phurion; 03-21-2010 at 07:56 AM.
Old 03-21-2010 | 07:52 AM
littlebear
Tourer

Congrats, great looking bike.

Old 03-21-2010 | 07:55 AM
Aslan
Road Master

That is one Beautiful bike.
Congratulations and welcome to the DARK SIDE.

Quick Reply: "Oops I did it again!..."