Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

T-Bags Bra bag on Premium TP Luggage Rack

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2010, 08:47 PM
FLS2FLH
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default T-Bags Bra bag on Premium TP Luggage Rack

I think I kinda like this bag but would want to mount it to my existing luggage rack rather than the bra method

Any of you guys have one mounted to your luggage rack? Can you snap a pic for me? I'm trying to get a sense for how high it will sit on the rack as well as its overall look.

Attached Thumbnails T-Bags Bra bag on Premium TP Luggage Rack-pakbag.jpg  
Old 03-19-2010, 09:11 PM
twodollarbill
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The HD King TP rack can pretty much hold any kind of bag.
The T-bag bra type bags look like they need the support of the whole tour pak top.
I like the the idea of the T-bag Bootcase.....stores in tour pak and put it on the rack when you need more room.
The only thing holding me back is the price.

Old 03-19-2010, 09:22 PM
FLS2FLH
Tourer

I'm primarily looking for a low profile bag for the luggage rack to leave on there most of the time. I've got a mondo bag for trips which would be swapped on when required - but what I miss from my old Softail/Kuryakyn Grand Traveler days is the easy access zipper pouches for when I'm around town. Somewhere to keep my 'emergency' raingear (Frogtogs), a baseball cap, gloves - and a place to store my beanie without having to unlock the tourpack or saddlebags.

I could fit the Frogtogs, hat and gloves in the lowers - but dealing with those crappy snaps is a hassle.

Old 03-19-2010, 10:57 PM
SKYCLIMBER
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

T-BAGS here http://www.tbags.com/CloseOutDetail....&SelectedCat=8 . The “roller dekker bag is plenty big and can hold a lot. The handle extends out and it has wheels like the carry on for air travel. It has its own rain cover. The straps tie it down secure. I didn’t notice any problems with the wind and it is the same size as the tourpak so it did not block the mirrors. The one thing you have to watch out for is not to load it heavy. I loaded mine to heavy in my own opinion but had no problem with handling it. The rack has a sticker on it that says 10 lb limit, close to what the bag weighs empty. I now load heavy items down low in the saddle bags whenever possible. Don’t like that top heavy feeling. The other item I found useful was a locking cable that is adjustable. Just pull the cable tight and lock it down to fit around the bag and rack at the same time. I only used the cable when we went inside to eat or the store. It’s too easy to cut the 4 straps that tie it down and lose everything. They have it in the closeout for a lot less than I paid for it 2 years ago.

Old 03-20-2010, 08:22 AM
FLS2FLH
Tourer

I actually considered the RollerDekker and a few others when shopping for a large bag for trips. I ended up with a Saddlemen which suited my needs a little better. That will see limited use for the 5 or 6 multi-day jaunts I typically do a year.

What I am interested in is something relatively flat for everyday use. Something that would stay on the bike, look decent, and provide enough space for the items I mentioned earlier - and perhaps just a little more. At this point I haven't found many that appear to be as low profile as the Bra Bag. But, mounted on the luggage rack, it might just be a little higher than I'd like it to be. Hence, wondering if anyone out here might have one and could provide a pic.

Aand I made fun of my wife the last time she spent hours looking for the 'right bag'. Geez...