Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

motorcycle table lifts?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 01:13 AM
hog-doc
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by timvan
I have both a handy and a direct lift, the cyl on the handy went out and needed a rebuild after 10 years...
Granted, the direct lift is not as high of quality but does have a diamond plate tread which makes for great traction with wet tires. parts are easily available for both lifts so why spend 2x $$ on a handy
A water trap on your air line will make them last longer. Moisture in the cylinder creates rust and the orings dont seal anymore. A buddy at my old shop repaired one by sanding the cylinder smooth then coating it with HD wheel bearing grease worked fine for another 6 years that I know of, that lift has 20+ years of dealership use on it.

Old 07-24-2010, 07:19 AM
lzybt
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Handy lifts is having problems right now, the Union and the economy are taking their toll. The laid off a lot of people and are way behind on production, I couldn't find one place that had the life I wanted. I went with a K&L from Derek Weaver.

Old 07-24-2010, 08:16 AM
dswansbiker
Road Warrior
Received 108 Likes on 33 Posts

Nothing but Handy here. I like American made products. I know it will be still going strong a few generations from now.

Old 07-24-2010, 10:12 AM
rdam
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 36 Likes on 23 Posts

Dave,

The top photo could be a poster. Very nice.

I have a Favorites "Folder" on my computer with several links to motorcycle lifts. It's hard for me to justify the extra cost of the Handy, so I think I will eventually get a Direct Lift. Shipping costs are a huge factor. So, I think when the time comes i'll order from Northern Tool ($699), and pick it up at the store in Ocala. Probably wait for a 10% or 20% off coupon

Old 07-24-2010, 11:05 AM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

i have looked at the harbor freight lifts, but i'm going to buy the handylift when i have some play money. i'd rather wait to get the real thing than something that is of lesser quality. the previous poster put it well when he mentioned that you get what you pay for. that's why i have no tools that are stamped "made in pakistan, india, taiwan or china" in my macmizer. quality is worth owning. junk is what you loan to others and hope they forget to return it to you.

Old 07-24-2010, 11:12 AM
Lama
Road Captain
Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

Handy SAM-1000 is an awesome lift, and 1 man can load/unload the bike easy with their cycle vice. It is VERY stable.

Old 07-24-2010, 11:27 AM
VI KRUZER
Cruiser

This is the one I use. Pro Cycle lift from Direct Lift in U.S.A. or from Lift Buddy in Canada. Check out the optional center jack, they are well worth it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayLhsSuNFao

Old 07-24-2010, 11:49 AM
El Rey
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by roadking2005sg
the only ones that bitch are the ones that dont have a union backed job......how do you think this country was built???????If it wasnt for unions, everyone in this country would be working for $5 an hour,

The population of this country better wake the f$ck up before its to late.You bitch about unions
Buddy, you have some serious history lessons to learn. You must be a first time Union member.

Old 07-24-2010, 11:53 AM
Wanna Ride
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by ashmarc
If you care......as far as I know........

Handy Industries manufacturers the only lift table made in the USA. That means a lot to me.

You can get one at Harbor Freight for about $400.00....made by your friends in China.

My Handy (S.A.M. 2) was $1169.00, Handy wheel vise $125.00, Handy scissor jack $125 and K&L shop dolly $224.00.

I am not trying to be a dick....I have always believed you get what you pay for. That's just me though.

Here's a couple of pics.
Hey Captain America... it's kinda hard to take you seriously when there's a lot of the parts on your bike that aren't made here in the states. I'm not trying to be a dick, just callin' it like I see it. That's just me though.

Old 07-24-2010, 02:39 PM
ftanner
Outstanding HDF Member

A buddy of mine has one of the much maligned, at least in this thread, Harbor Freight lifts. He's been using it a bit over a year now with no issues at all. He did, however, replace the ugly stock wheel chock with a Condor.

That being said, the only real part to break down on them is the lift mechanism itself, which is easily replaceable, so I'm not really sure what all of the slogging is about.

Quick Reply: motorcycle table lifts?