Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

motorcycle table lifts?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2010, 12:36 PM
brunosrk
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lp
Last thing I want to be doing at 68 is working on motorcycles.

lp
Heading over to Monroe next week to pick up a Complete Hydraulics TCMLW. I've been looking around now for a couple of months and have decided this is the one that meets my needs. BTW working on and riding bikes are the only things I plan on doing at 68!!

Old 03-19-2010, 01:05 PM
JimTJr
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 74 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by ashmarc
If you care......as far as I know........

Handy Industries manufacturers the only lift table made in the USA. That means a lot to me.

You can get one at Harbor Freight for about $400.00....made by your friends in China.

My Handy (S.A.M. 2) was $1169.00, Handy wheel vise $125.00, Handy scissor jack $125 and K&L shop dolly $224.00.

I am not trying to be a dick....I have always believed you get what you pay for. That's just me though.

Here's a couple of pics.
Now watch out guys,, that "AMERICAN MADE" Handy lift is more expensive because the workers get paid more, and probably have some decent benefits,,, we know that causes companies to go bankrupt! RIGHT?

Old 03-19-2010, 02:34 PM
HDJIM1158
Road Warrior
Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

I bought a Handy with side ext. for 550 off of ebay. I know it is the best. All the dealership and shops that use them can't be wrong.

Be Safe JIM

Old 03-19-2010, 08:54 PM
roadking2005sg
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We ride AMERICAN motorcycles..............buy AMERICAN tools.Im sick and tired of hearing people bitch about union workers,the only ones that bitch are the ones that dont have a union backed job......how do you think this country was built???????If it wasnt for unions, everyone in this country would be working for $5 an hour,I understand what you think........yes, the uaw has screwed up what unions are suposed to be for,im a PROUD member of the INTERNATIONAL UNION FOR OPERATING ENGINEERS......LOCAL 18,i build highways and bridges,and we do our jobs[work for a living]The population of this country better wake the f$ck up before its to late.You bitch about unions?.wtf......HARLEYS are UNION made,go buy a metric bike and kiss my f...en ***.l

Old 03-19-2010, 09:19 PM
RKKY
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Picked up a used Handy with a wheel chock from a friend when he moved. Paid $375.00 for it and it has worked great.

Old 03-20-2010, 11:28 AM
SE7EN
Intermediate

I financed a couple of the lifts that TOMM (posted a pic of his) for a friends repair shop and he uses them both daily and has very little problems. Yes Handy are nice but pricey too. We got him 2 with side extensions and the whole shootin match for $1600+ delivery. Great lifts; perfect? No, but no problems... My buddy uses his for bikes all day in and all day out. Works 7 days a week usually and he said NO COMPLAINTS... Im in the market and trying to get a lift that is sitting in my buddies garage being used as a bench/shelf for storage.. It IS a Handy and is brand new from the looks of it.

Old 03-20-2010, 10:18 PM
Da Butcher
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ashmarc
If you care......as far as I know........

Handy Industries manufacturers the only lift table made in the USA. That means a lot to me.

You can get one at Harbor Freight for about $400.00....made by your friends in China.

My Handy (S.A.M. 2) was $1169.00, Handy wheel vise $125.00, Handy scissor jack $125 and K&L shop dolly $224.00.

I am not trying to be a dick....I have always believed you get what you pay for. That's just me though.

Here's a couple of pics.
Recently bought the same one, but with the side extensions. Yeah, pricey, but very nice. However, don't let Yellow Freight deliver it or you may have a scratched up deck like I got while the weasels from Yellow Frieght attempt to say they should only pay you about $100 bucks for the damage. You'll a decent air compressor for that big boy because if you have a modest one like I'm currently using, you just have to be a little patient .................. and then she'll lift the bike up. Talk about the sweetest way to install exhausts.

Treat yourself to something of quality and support an American company as well. You win on both counts. Seriously, these things are very nice.

Old 03-21-2010, 09:22 AM
JWKHD1
Novice

I bought a handy lift with side extensions from TCI H-D in1997.Aroung $700.00trouble free for 13 years

Old 03-21-2010, 09:43 AM
SE7EN
Intermediate

I was lucky enough to have a great friend loan me the handy that was in his shop not being used; i picked it up yesterday. Unfortunately it doesn't have a wheel vise or center lift.. yet.
Ill prob be picking these up soon; anyone have good priced resources for these items?
LIft is built very solid; Im impressed so far..

Old 06-03-2010, 11:47 PM
DeckerDude
Road Master

Originally Posted by lp
. Last thing I want to be doing at 68 is working on motorcycles.

lp
I bet you change your mind.

Quick Reply: motorcycle table lifts?