Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Mods

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 12:58 PM
army_sarge
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New Mods

Just completed a few mods and thought I'd share. First was the exhaust; I got rid of that horrible CAT and went with a set of V&H Dresser Duals along with a PCV and air cleaner. Love the sound, performance is acceptable for a stock engine and there is absolutely no heat issues anymore. Next Mod was installing a detachable tourpak. After a little research, I came to the conlusion that it was much cheaper to order the parts individually, so I ordered used Chicago Harley and saved $250 over purchasing the kit from the catologue. Let me say that the detachable wiring kit p/n 70032-09 is a rip off. I'm going to follow Ultrakla$$ic's lead and install the Deustch connectors from Drag Specialties. I'm going to return that other P.O.S. that Harley Sells. I also ordered a rear fender facia kit (painted) from Chicago HD for $78 and installed it on a 2010 RoadKing Fender that I got an incredible deal on. The fender came with the new strut covers needed for the detachable tour pak and the light bar with the licsense plate mount and led lic plate light. I'm still wanting to change over to the bullet turn signal bar but am waiting until I can find the right price. The stock front fender was replaced with a Road Glide fender purchased on ebay for $100, another great deal. I traded my passenger floorboard for a set of streamliner footpegs w/mounts with another forum member. Which BTW, for those of you who don't know it, the classified section on the site works extremely well. At the moment, I'm waiting for my Danny Gray solo seat which I ordered a month ago. I cannot believe that it takes so long to get a standard seat with no custom options. I spoke to customer service today and apparently the seat has been complete for a few days now but they haven't gotten around to shipping it out. The only shipping option they use is ups ground. I'm disappointed with my experience with Danny Gray, hopefully the seat will make up for it. If I had to do it over again, I might have gone with a c&c seat; I've heard they have excellent customer service and are very quick to ship.

Now, I have a question that maybe you could help me with. First, I have the fender fascia light p/n 69375-09 and cannot find a place in the tail light to connect it. I'm thinking I could splice into the license plate light and keep it as a run light. Any advice?

I'm leaning towards installing 13" apes in the near future but haven't committed yet. I'd really like to ride a bike with a set first to see how I like it. Being on the short side, I'm thinking that 13" might be a bit of a reach for me so I may go to 12" instead. Eventually I would like to trade out all of my pin-stripped pieces for solid Red Hot Sunglo. If any of you have this color without pinstrips for a fairing, side panels, saddle bags and tank, and want to trade or sell, pm me and we'll talk. Ride Safe.

Attached Thumbnails New Mods-ultrastreet.jpg   New Mods-1ultrastreet2.jpg   New Mods-1ultrastreet3.jpg   New Mods-1ultrastreet4.jpg  
Old 03-18-2010, 02:06 PM
Taylorized
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Nice bike with some real clean mods Congrats.

Old 03-18-2010, 02:35 PM
Glide'n09
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't think you would be disappointed with 13"s. I was surpised when I got on mine. Could have easily went with 16"s.

Great looking ride!!

Old 06-15-2010, 06:48 AM
Avalanche_Mutt
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you ever figure out how to connect your tip light? I bought the tip light didn't get any wiring with it?

Old 01-06-2012, 10:38 PM
old marine
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by army_sarge
Just completed a few mods and thought I'd share. First was the exhaust; I got rid of that horrible CAT and went with a set of V&H Dresser Duals along with a PCV and air cleaner. Love the sound, performance is acceptable for a stock engine and there is absolutely no heat issues anymore. Next Mod was installing a detachable tourpak. After a little research, I came to the conlusion that it was much cheaper to order the parts individually, so I ordered used Chicago Harley and saved $250 over purchasing the kit from the catologue. Let me say that the detachable wiring kit p/n 70032-09 is a rip off. I'm going to follow Ultrakla$$ic's lead and install the Deustch connectors from Drag Specialties. I'm going to return that other P.O.S. that Harley Sells. I also ordered a rear fender facia kit (painted) from Chicago HD for $78 and installed it on a 2010 RoadKing Fender that I got an incredible deal on. The fender came with the new strut covers needed for the detachable tour pak and the light bar with the licsense plate mount and led lic plate light. I'm still wanting to change over to the bullet turn signal bar but am waiting until I can find the right price. The stock front fender was replaced with a Road Glide fender purchased on ebay for $100, another great deal. I traded my passenger floorboard for a set of streamliner footpegs w/mounts with another forum member. Which BTW, for those of you who don't know it, the classified section on the site works extremely well. At the moment, I'm waiting for my Danny Gray solo seat which I ordered a month ago. I cannot believe that it takes so long to get a standard seat with no custom options. I spoke to customer service today and apparently the seat has been complete for a few days now but they haven't gotten around to shipping it out. The only shipping option they use is ups ground. I'm disappointed with my experience with Danny Gray, hopefully the seat will make up for it. If I had to do it over again, I might have gone with a c&c seat; I've heard they have excellent customer service and are very quick to ship.

Now, I have a question that maybe you could help me with. First, I have the fender fascia light p/n 69375-09 and cannot find a place in the tail light to connect it. I'm thinking I could splice into the license plate light and keep it as a run light. Any advice?

I'm leaning towards installing 13" apes in the near future but haven't committed yet. I'd really like to ride a bike with a set first to see how I like it. Being on the short side, I'm thinking that 13" might be a bit of a reach for me so I may go to 12" instead. Eventually I would like to trade out all of my pin-stripped pieces for solid Red Hot Sunglo. If any of you have this color without pinstrips for a fairing, side panels, saddle bags and tank, and want to trade or sell, pm me and we'll talk. Ride Safe.
You don't by any chance know anyone wanting to get rid of a OEM front fender for a 2010 Road King do you? I would prefe vivid black

Old 01-06-2012, 11:19 PM
mkguitar
Extreme HDF Member
Received 398 Likes on 340 Posts

Originally Posted by Avalanche_Mutt
Did you ever figure out how to connect your tip light? I bought the tip light didn't get any wiring with it?
if all the plug locations under the tailight are used, splice in or "marry" new wiring into existing connectors.

mike

Old 01-07-2012, 06:50 AM
dansflhti
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 34 Posts

You could plug your fascia light into the connector where your fender tip light was connected(upper left),it has brake voltage there as well on the center pin,and piggy back your plate light to the fascia connector.