Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wellnuts for Roadglide at Home Depot?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 09:09 AM
oilhog
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wellnuts for Roadglide at Home Depot?

Can you get the windshield wheelnuts at home depot? I can't find them at the local store.

Old 03-18-2010, 11:42 AM
caymen8
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Home Depot that I go to carries them. But the bolt size is different from the HD well nuts. Not a problem unless you get your bolts mixed up. I'm planning on replacing all my well nuts with Home Depot ones.

Old 03-18-2010, 01:32 PM
makstv5
Banned
Default I looked all over the place

I checked some real high end fastener stores can't find the right length to use the stock screws. I found longer ones and too short of ones. The ones on my bike are 10-32 x 13/16'' long you could get away with 3/4 long but no go on 1''. I have 2010 road glide custom. Their only 1.10 a piece at my dealer so i don't know why i wasted time looking for them. If you find some somewhere else let me know.

Old 03-18-2010, 02:53 PM
EasternSP
Banned
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 24,869 Likes on 9,332 Posts

Three of the nuts need to have the screw hole offset so it can adjust to the weather strip of the chrome plate trim.

Old 03-18-2010, 08:05 PM
oilhog
Tourer

Its 90 miles to the closesr H-D dealer so thats why I was looking at home depot. What department are the well nuts in? I have looked on all the fastener and screw isles.

Old 03-18-2010, 08:13 PM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 157 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by oilhog
Its 90 miles to the closesr H-D dealer so thats why I was looking at home depot. What department are the well nuts in? I have looked on all the fastener and screw isles.

They would be in the Hardware Dept (screw isle) in the pull out drawers. They are probably sold individually in the little white bags. I work at Home Depot and am not sure we actually have them but that's where they would be. I'll check when I go in on Saturday.

Old 03-18-2010, 08:46 PM
makstv5
Banned
Default they don't have the right size

Originally Posted by oilhog
You will have to get different screws and find a length around 1'' . They had the right diameter but 10-24 thread and alittle too long. I'm real good at finding fasteners and these are a bitch to find in my area and i can come up with about everything. Thats why Hd looks easy to me now at 1.10

Old 03-20-2010, 07:22 PM
oilhog
Tourer

Originally Posted by Terry1955
They would be in the Hardware Dept (screw isle) in the pull out drawers. They are probably sold individually in the little white bags. I work at Home Depot and am not sure we actually have them but that's where they would be. I'll check when I go in on Saturday.
Thanks. I wonder if all the stores have the same inventory?

Old 03-20-2010, 08:17 PM
army_sarge
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check True Value Hardware; I was in there the other day and seen that they carry a large variety of chrome and stainless steel fasteners for pennies to the dollar of what you would pay at the dealership.

Old 03-20-2010, 08:40 PM
neano62
Tourer

If ya want to go with Home Depot stuff your gonna have to change screw length. Do yourself a favor and remember, the next time your at you stealership,... to stock up on your well nuts! Even better yet, call them and tell them to get a couple 2,3 packs in for ya before ya go,... so the'll be there when ya get there!

Quick Reply: Wellnuts for Roadglide at Home Depot?