Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ACC Carbon Fiber POLO style helmet wearers

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 06:10 AM
chasd
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ACC Carbon Fiber POLO style helmet wearers

Ordered one yesterday after hearing all the good things about them, decided on the POLO style but wondered about any wind lift from the front. I run a RG with a short windscreen so I do get plenty of wind in the face. Does anyone that uses a POLO style notice any lift or other issues with that versus a standard style?

Thank You

Old 03-18-2010, 08:41 AM
WIKD1
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Never had the reg style, have had two of their polos. When I first got it I had a lot of lift. I gave them a call because I thought I might have made the wrong choice. They explained how to reset up the straps, something I should have figured out by myself, and have not had a problem since.
I like the polo because the lip on the front provides some sun protection above my sunglasses so no glare in the hot Florida sun.

Old 03-18-2010, 12:32 PM
huffhuff
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

many polo users around here wear them backwards.

Old 03-18-2010, 12:59 PM
rrsjs5
Road Captain

Have four helmets,thats the only one I wear,have a Clearview GT Small Sheild

Old 03-18-2010, 01:02 PM
shredsurf
Road Master

Originally Posted by WIKD1
Never had the reg style, have had two of their polos. When I first got it I had a lot of lift. I gave them a call because I thought I might have made the wrong choice. They explained how to reset up the straps, something I should have figured out by myself, and have not had a problem since.
I like the polo because the lip on the front provides some sun protection above my sunglasses so no glare in the hot Florida sun.
I have both the 1/2 & the polo and just started wearing the polo more often. I do get more lift than the 1/2 helmet and I'm running the SERG Cee Bailey 14" windshield.

Resetting the straps....hmmm, gotta try that! Thanks!

Old 03-18-2010, 01:10 PM
Slopneck
Road Master

I have been wearing the carbon fiber polo for 2 years and have not felt any noticeable difference in wind. Love the helmet! Light and comfortable.

Old 03-18-2010, 01:28 PM
Scorpion07
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've been wearing an ACC polo on my Ultra for about 2 years now. I have cut down my windshield to about tip of nose level, which has added a bit more wind then the stock height. That being said - no issues with lift. Of course you have to adjust the helmet for proper fit. But once accomplished, you should be good to go!

Old 03-18-2010, 01:46 PM
WIKD1
Cruiser

Originally Posted by shredsurf

Resetting the straps....hmmm, gotta try that! Thanks!
Heres what I did and it seemed to work great. Did it last summer and haven't had problems since. Seems like common sense but I didn't think about it till I was told.

http://www.carbonfiberhelmets.com/sizes.php

Old 03-18-2010, 03:19 PM
HDBRATT
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

I just bought mine 3/1/10 and had the same problem. If you go on the website they telly ou how to adjust your strap. I ride this Saturday and I will let ya know if it worked for me. Ilove the helmet so far except for a bit of a lift around 70mph.

Old 04-01-2010, 12:34 AM
66 promod
Intermediate

i had one of there helmets also and gave it away because of helmet lift ....now i wish i had it to try this ...guess i will buy another !!!!

Quick Reply: ACC Carbon Fiber POLO style helmet wearers