Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

thunder-max w/ auto tune module problems???

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 08:56 PM
cdrgrisham
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default thunder-max w/ auto tune module problems???

i have just installed samson true duals on my bike along with the thundermax ecm. i am in the process of trying to load the base map into the ecm. when i narrow the field down in the maps and then try and load the map into the software, it does a internet search and says that the file can not be found try a diffrent search option? im stuck on what to do, any help would be great guys!!!

Old 03-18-2010, 09:59 PM
ohsevenflhx
Stage II
Default thundermax problems

Thundermax has great instructions, have you read them carefully and did just what they say? You dont need to be connected to your ecm to pick a program and to set your basic settings. After you have all your basic settings put into the program you choose, then you hook up and link to your ecm.

Old 03-18-2010, 10:11 PM
ohsevenflhx
Stage II
Default this is a note I wrote to myself if it helps.

1. Need to completely re-initialize the ECM when choosing a different program
  2. Find correct map in [EFI Maps] under [EFI Map listing / definitions], double click correct map, then [load Basemap]
  3. In tuning maps tab, select [+] next to module configure
  4. Select [basic setting]
  5. Set rev limit, set speedo cal to (42450), then close
  6. On top tool bar, select configure, then [closed loop module settings], verify closed loop, auto tune are checked on the map side (right side), then close.
  7. Attach communication cable from laptop to ECM (motorcycle key switch, and kill switch OFF)
  8. Turn key switch to ignition, then put kill switch to RUN
  9. Select [link] button, it will turn green to indicate a successful link
  10. Select [File], then [write mod maps and setting]. Answer OK to message to over write current map, then transfer bar appears while new map is being loaded.
  11. On side tool bar, go to, [diagnostic codes] read, then select [clear diagnostic codes], close
  12. On top tool bar select [Map editing], then clear (learned fuel adj.), (CLP offset), and (learned IAC adj.)
  13. Select [basic setting] and verify speedo setting is 42450, final drive ratio 87, gear 6 min tps 40. Select [write basic setting]
  14. On top tool bar select configure, select [closed loop settings]. On module side (left) verify closed loop and auto tune are selected.
  15. Initialize the ECM. Key switch is on, kill switch is on run. Cycle Key switch on and off 3 times, 30 seconds in each position. DO NOT move throttle during this process.
  16. DO NOT move throttle, start bike at least 2 times letting it settle at idle for 10 seconds. Idle should be smooth and steady. If not continue engine starts till it is.
  17. Select [monitor]. Select engine speed, and engine head temp. Start engine DO NOT touch throttle, let engine warm to 245 – 285 degrees, then shut off engine with kill switch. Turn key off, remove communication cables.
  18. BIKE IS READY

Old 03-18-2010, 10:23 PM
sealbeachbum
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That sounds simple.