Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Taller Jiffy stand

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 10:33 AM
itsmf
Tourer
Received 115 Likes on 65 Posts
Default Taller Jiffy stand

Does anyone have any info on vendors that make taller sidestands for the 09 Ultras?

Old 03-17-2010, 12:43 PM
huffhuff
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

if you have an early 09, your dealer can replace (at no charge) with later version that picks the bike up some. seem to remember the new version has an embossed pattern on the top back. the early version is smooth. the slot in the bracket isn't as deep on the new version which picks the bike up some.

Old 03-17-2010, 12:48 PM
huffhuff
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Check your build date on the bike. On the right front side of the frame, the VIN number is stamped into the frame. Several inches below that is a black sticker that has the VIN as well. Above that VIN is the month and year of mfg on the same label. If build date is 10/08 or earlier and if you feel your bike leans over too far while on the jiffy stand, then you can call HD Customer Service and tell them. Customer Service will give you a reference number to give to your dealer and have it replaced under warranty. It is not a recall or anything, but if folks complain about it, then they'll fix it. The new pn# is 50096-09 and HD Customer Service number is 414-343-4056. In the picture, the one on the left is the wrong one, the one on the right is the newer one.

Old 03-17-2010, 01:58 PM
ncbeast
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by huffhuff
Check your build date on the bike. On the right front side of the frame, the VIN number is stamped into the frame. Several inches below that is a black sticker that has the VIN as well. Above that VIN is the month and year of mfg on the same label. If build date is 10/08 or earlier and if you feel your bike leans over too far while on the jiffy stand, then you can call HD Customer Service and tell them. Customer Service will give you a reference number to give to your dealer and have it replaced under warranty. It is not a recall or anything, but if folks complain about it, then they'll fix it. The new pn# is 50096-09 and HD Customer Service number is 414-343-4056. In the picture, the one on the left is the wrong one, the one on the right is the newer one.
Hey Huff, do you know how much longer the new one is? I have always felt my 08 leaned too far but could not find anything longer. Guess tonight I will check out the build date. Thanks for the info.

Old 03-17-2010, 02:02 PM
hog-doc
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by ncbeast
Hey Huff, do you know how much longer the new one is? I have always felt my 08 leaned too far but could not find anything longer. Guess tonight I will check out the build date. Thanks for the info.
Its not a longer stand its a different bracket that the stand goes in.

Old 03-17-2010, 02:19 PM
Gordon65
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by huffhuff

what pic?

any pics of this embossing on the new bracket? I swear my bikes leans over too far, but the build date is 4/09. But my bracket is smooth in the back. I wonder if the 'correct' bracket was taken off to make a different customer happy, before I purchased it...??

Old 03-17-2010, 04:50 PM
riskmanager
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

isn't it if the build date is AFTER 10/08?

Old 03-17-2010, 08:46 PM
bmaier
Road Warrior
Received 98 Likes on 66 Posts

yeah, check with the dealer, my build date is 5/09 and I have the new bracket

Last edited by bmaier; 03-18-2010 at 07:41 PM.
Old 03-17-2010, 09:04 PM
Gordon65
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bmaier
Gordon sounds like you have the old kickstand with that build date

thanks!

i will call the moco tomorrow, and get the process started to get a new bracket.

Old 03-17-2010, 09:07 PM
hog-doc
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Gordon65
thanks!

i will call the moco tomorrow, and get the process started to get a new bracket.
Just need to go see your dealer!

Quick Reply: Taller Jiffy stand