Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley being bought out??

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 09:41 PM
04 rkcrr
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If it wasn't for the unions people would not be making the money they make now. Remember bab companies and bad company ownership created unions. Union were not just created for money, safe working conditions helped create unions. I'm sorry i can't feel bad for a ceo making millions of dollars a year complain about a man making 20 bucks a hour. Do ceo's have to take concessions and upper management??????? About like our great congress and senate they just vote in a new raise. But lets just blame this on the unions or the working man, greedy bastards.

Old 03-17-2010, 10:08 PM
Eddy G
Road Master
Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by 04 rkcrr
If it wasn't for the unions people would not be making the money they make now. Remember bab companies and bad company ownership created unions. Union were not just created for money, safe working conditions helped create unions. I'm sorry i can't feel bad for a ceo making millions of dollars a year complain about a man making 20 bucks a hour. Do ceo's have to take concessions and upper management??????? About like our great congress and senate they just vote in a new raise. But lets just blame this on the unions or the working man, greedy bastards.
Well said bro

Old 03-17-2010, 10:19 PM
Dan1127
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is too bad. But maybe time for change. Could be good. Who knows

Old 03-17-2010, 10:53 PM
SKYCLIMBER
Tourer

The other part of the equation is not just the unions. If we all made minimum wage we could still not compete with other countries that pay you with a bowl of rice or pennies for a day. Does anyone own a Harley that was bought on minimum wage and not live with their parents? It’s a bigger problem than unions. They might speed the process up a bit but can’t be blamed for it all. We have lost a large part of our industrial base and more is disappearing each day. There’s no easy answer and not a solution to the problem. All you can do is ride every chance you get and tune the world out for a few moments. These are the good ole days.

Old 03-17-2010, 10:54 PM
stev394
Advanced

Wait a second. First this is all speculation. Anytime the media gets a hold of anything it ALWAYS gets blown way out of proportion. Second Unions do not bankrupt companies. Over zealous greedy executives bankrupt companies. Yes the (RUBS) bankrupt companies. And third we are talking about a legend here. I do not understand how people whom buy and ride these bikes can turn around talk S*** about the very company they purchased their ride from. If you don't like the company don't buy the product and if you buy the product don't bitch about the company. Incase you have forgotten we are in tough economic times, even strong companies are struggling. It sucks that we as their employees suffer the brunt of downsizing but its the way it is these days. Riding is a lifestyle not a weekend hobby and if it is a weekend hobby then you are part of the problem and have too much money and need to take a pay cut to help out us "working class" folks. Bottom line I will believe it when I see it and do not put any weight behind ANYTHING the media says.

Old 03-17-2010, 11:13 PM
hog95023
Elite HDF Member
Received 161 Likes on 106 Posts

Victory might have had vision after all.

Old 03-17-2010, 11:24 PM
paulhog
Tourer
Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by htrddah
I understand harley is trying to get out of york like catipiller they will not make it with the union they have harley will close and all those people will be on the unemployment line if they dont change the way they are dealing with the company economy is not going to let harley give any pay raises or more benefits its time for the money hungry unions to step aside the union has the workers thinking they are helping them while screwing over harley cant feel for them 18 yr teamster and got out no more union
You know, there's this thing called a period. It's this little dot that ends a sentence. It makes paragraphs (next lesson) much easier to read! BTW, that vertical line with the dot on the bottom that I used at the end of that last sentence is called an exclamation point. It's used to indicate intensity of emotion. Come on, man... would it kill you to have a little courtesy for the people reading your posts.

Old 03-17-2010, 11:27 PM
weezo
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There are some good Union brothers on here. Any company who claims it is failing because of the Union is led by fools. Labor and management operate in a system of checks and balances. If the Union is somehow able to crush the company it just shows that management was too stupid to balance the equation. And most likely too greedy and self-centered to pay attention to what was really going on.

Old 03-17-2010, 11:41 PM
byersmtrco
Supporter
Received 512 Likes on 356 Posts

Maybe they're working a re-structure.
They need to blow that union out (since the union won't back down on their unreal demands) It's their mentality. Both my parents were pro union. Both lifer's (Teamsters & United Telegraph Workers) Both got screwed over by their unions. .
The NUMI (New United Mtrs) plant near us is closing this month. I feel bad for these people. But you see them on the news. "Keep our plant open !! But don't screw with our benefits . . . and we want our raise!!!" They priced themselves out of a job. They don't see it that way.

The next thing is . . . Who has Harley (in their long history) always sold motorcycles to in tough times? Police Depts, Hwy Patrol, etc.
Most Motorcops (non Harley guys) don't want to ride an 800 lb Electra Glide for 8 hrs. I hate to say it, but most of em like those buttugly BMW's.
Harley NEEDS a good solid nimble Police Motorcycle. Remember the FXRP?
Maybe they could make some use out of that VRod thing and make a police motor out of it. If it works, maybe a sport touring model. Oh and that CEO, that made all that money for 8 months . . . Fire his ***.

Do something !!!

Old 03-17-2010, 11:50 PM
T K Glider
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I sell a product that is used by everyone.I was asked to give a quote on a 250 thousand dozen order.Gave them our best price for a made in USA product.Got beat out by a very small margin(1%) by a company in Pakistan that uses child labor.

What a country,

Quick Reply: Harley being bought out??