Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone ride highway 23 Pigs Trail in Ark.?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 06:54 AM
Road Ranger
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Anyone ride highway 23 Pigs Trail in Ark.?

Thinking about heading down that way the 3rd or 4th week in April and looking for some info...places to stay, eat, etc...

Old 03-17-2010, 07:12 AM
Travler
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Plenty of rooms at Eureka Springs. Rider's Rest is one that caters strictly to bikers. Others are bike friendly. Best part of 23 is from Huntsville down to Turner Bend. Many good ridin' roads in the area..

Have fun!

Old 03-17-2010, 07:18 AM
Captain Itch
Sponsor
Received 616 Likes on 332 Posts

Eureka Springs is the place to stay..very biker friendly..

Old 03-17-2010, 07:18 AM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

i know that the ride from ozark arkansas which is on I-40 on hiway 23, also known as the pig trail, is a great ride. lots of curves, and scenery. one ride you must do is talahina oklahoma to mena arkansas. now that one you ride on the crest of a mountain ridge. it's a wonderful ride indeed. one of the best i've found.

Old 03-17-2010, 07:34 AM
paco ritter
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Lots of things to see and do in that end of Arkansas. Many places to stay. Eureka Springs is full of hotels and motels, many of them cater to bikers. Pig Trail Harley Davidson in Rogers, AR, just north of Fayetteville, AR has much info on the area and passes out pamplets of at least 9 rides throught out the area. I have copies of them but don't know how to post them. Mt. Home area, Mt. View area (Push Mountain ride) a little more east of the Pig Trail are also nice ride areas. The HUB motel (Marble Falls, AR) caters to bikers at the old "Dog Patch" amusement park area. Mt. Magazine is a great place to ride and stay at the lodge, Queen Wilhelmina State Park is also a great place, a bit further south. Pea Ridge Civil War Battle Field north of Fayetteville, War Eagle north of Rogers, So many places to ride and see in this area it's hard to remember them all. I live in South Arkansas and make this ride up thru North Arkansas at least once a year. Still find something new to see every time I go. Check these out on the 'net, you'll find lots of places....PACO

Old 03-17-2010, 07:55 AM
FastHoss
Elite HDF Member
Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts

All those places mentioned are great!!Also there is Push Mountain road in Mountain View Ar.It has been rated as one of the top five in the country.

Old 03-17-2010, 10:52 AM
remerson
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Been riding there. Country is beautiful, went last fall to see the trees. Check this website for ride info mentioned above.

http://www.arkansas.com/outdoors/Motorcycling/

Robb

Old 03-17-2010, 11:12 AM
BMF
Cruiser

Yeah we would like to do the same. Use to live down in Springfield Mo and traveled that area for work. Loved it from the car now I want to do it all again with the bike. We're thinkin a couple of trips this year.

Old 03-17-2010, 01:25 PM
Coffeeman
Advanced

I have been riding these roads for some time as I live an hour north of Little Rock. After riding nearly all the roads in the area, my personal favorite in that area would be highway 7... a great ride to me ... top rated road... many bikers on it. Stop at Jasper, there is a restaurant across from the small rock courthouse in the middle of town… the food is great and it is quite historical… South of there are great overlooks, viewing areas, and so forth… Have a great ride.

Old 03-17-2010, 05:54 PM
truxpin
Advanced

Originally Posted by Coffeeman
my personal favorite in that area would be highway 7... a great ride to me ... top rated road... many bikers on it. .
+1 on that!! Granted I'm from Kansas, and any road with a curve or a hill is a welcome sight, But Hwy 7 & 23 in AR. are among 2 of my favorites! Great scenery, curves & people. KOA in Eureka Springs is a great place to camp if your into that.

Quick Reply: Anyone ride highway 23 Pigs Trail in Ark.?