Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FLHT/C/X Sound System Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 05:46 PM
DWhite
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

$728 for 7.25 and amp. I know there are plenty who will purchase the pair but really? $700+ for an amp and speakers? Free market I know but I hate these companies rake people over. Dont buy if you dont like... i know i know. Just say'n

Old 03-18-2010, 08:12 PM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor
Received 56 Likes on 50 Posts

Dwhite ,,,

I can understand some of your apprehension, but when you see the engineering and thought that has gone into both products, and the resulting performance,, it may be easier to understand ,,,,

the J&M 7.25" speaker kit is NOT just a pair of speakers, it is an entire speaker kit, including professionally molded adapter rings, custom made grills with mounted tweeter and midrange, top quality attachment hardware ,,,, even specially die-cut pre-gummed acoustic foam pads for the inside of your fairing ,,,,

the J&M 250w amplifier kit is not just an amplifier thrown into a box for sale ,,,, the J&M kit includes custom made SS mounting brackets, top quality hardware and a custom made plug-n-play wiring harness ,,,, most of which is currently all made by hand at our shop in Tucson ,,,,,

those who have previously purchased our speaker kit, know that they are worth the money ,,,, so will the folks that purchase our amp kit later this month ,,,,

Old 03-19-2010, 01:50 AM
Ultra89Rider
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by JMJOHN
New J&M amp now on the website, available starting 03-30/2010 or sooner ,,,,, http://www.jmcorp.com/ProductDetail....-250HC06&PF=43 ,,, and it DOES rock ,,,
I went to the web site. It has just the Electra glide, not the Road Glide. It also has the amp mounted above the radio. It takes up the room that the CB will be mounted. Are there different models, and a different mounting spot?

Old 03-19-2010, 04:20 AM
shortride
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You guys are dropping some big bills on sound systems. I'm glad my hearing isn't what it use to be. I can hear my stock sound system find with my helmet on without a headset.

What do those high output amps do to the amp draw on the charging systems?

Old 03-19-2010, 07:14 AM
TRMRC
Cruiser

The specs on the new JM Amp look like the specs on the Elf Audio amp I have as well as the ARC & The Wet Sounds. Not pointing this out to be a dick..just stating what I see. I have 2 - 6.5" 4 ohm Speakers on my SG now - that is 70w RMS x 2 on the amp - The Elf Audio Speakers I have are 90w RMS each - so Im not tweeking them out. I am happy with my purchase and I am sure people who buy or will buy Johns products, the ARC, etc will be happy too.

Old 03-19-2010, 10:20 AM
tj316
Stellar HDF Member
Received 480 Likes on 126 Posts

I've had no problem with amp draw on my Hawg-Wired system and for my money it is the way to go, when I ran the McIntosh car amp I was fine too, however you could drain the battery a little at bike week in Daytona if not careful because you were doing more stop than go

Old 03-29-2010, 01:11 PM
capecodbagger
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default TY

Thanks for all the great responses and ideas....

Old 03-29-2010, 01:47 PM
07FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by capecodbagger
Hey, Thanks for all the quick replies.... I like the Hogpod add on but I'm afraid it will take away from custom paint work I have on the inner fairing... I am also looking into aftermarket radio's with retractable GPS screens... I'm just not sure how will these will fair if they get wet.

Great Board! Glad I joined.
I too, did not care for the plastic look of the hogpod, even though my painted inner fairing & gauge change is next winters project. I previously had the HD leather dash pad installed & really liked that so had the hog pod coverd to match. No pic of it on yet but looks good & really woke up the sound system.

Attached Thumbnails FLHT/C/X Sound System Upgrade-035.jpg   FLHT/C/X Sound System Upgrade-013.jpg   FLHT/C/X Sound System Upgrade-020.jpg  
Old 04-01-2010, 06:50 PM
subdoc1
Intermediate
Default Stereo upgrade

Just finished mine up Replaced everything. Alpine 9883 IPod HU, ARC 125.2 Mini amp, HERTZ 165 HCX 6.5" Speakers and 6.5" adapters, Hogtunes Tweeter pod and the Hawgwired retro kit. Plug and play and va va va voooooooooom when it comes to sound.

Get a hold of FIRECAP501 (501 must be the Levi jeans he wears) He will make sure your system ROCK! For a 2 speaker system and 2 tweeters this blows most 4 and 6 speaker set ups out of the water. Firecap501 and I put this little mother together and all I can say is HOLY %$#@!

At 80+ aftermarket pipes in a pack of 10 or more bikes its like sitting in your living room listening to your home BOSE system. My non bagger brothers love it because now 4 bikes back they finally have music too. In fact I get music requests all the time now.

FIRECAP501 enjoyed working with you on this project and I know a few brothers saving pennies now for their conversion.

Also for the weather/water proofing I went with the biketronics RG cover and just happened to have single sided sticky 1/2" rubber tape and put about 5 laps around the face piece and it seals it up perfectly (no water worries here).

Subdoc1

2009 Street Glide Dark Blue Pearl
Detachable tour pack with Spoiler light
Saddle bag spoiler lights
Alpine 9883 I pod HU (Ipod in R saddle bag)
Hawgwired Conversion kit (Awesome)
ARC 125.2 Mini
Amp (Clean sound)
HERTZ 6.5" HE Speakers (Only way to go)
Hogtunes Tweeter Pod (Nice add on and sounds good too)
Chromed out
Rush Pipes
Multiple seat variations

Old 04-01-2010, 07:04 PM
rg_dave
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Plus 1000! Give Firecap a PM. He's not married to a particular product but he will give you sound advice based upon what you want and your budget. He stands behind what he sells. I am very happy with my system but If and when I want more I will be calling him again!

Originally Posted by subdoc1
Just finished mine up Replaced everything. Alpine 9883 IPod HU, ARC 125.2 Mini amp, HERTZ 165 HCX 6.5" Speakers and 6.5" adapters, Hogtunes Tweeter pod and the Hawgwired retro kit. Plug and play and va va va voooooooooom when it comes to sound.

Get a hold of FIRECAP501 (501 must be the Levi jeans he wears) He will make sure your system ROCK! For a 2 speaker system and 2 tweeters this blows most 4 and 6 speaker set ups out of the water. Firecap501 and I put this little mother together and all I can say is HOLY %$#@!

At 80+ aftermarket pipes in a pack of 10 or more bikes its like sitting in your living room listening to your home BOSE system. My non bagger brothers love it because now 4 bikes back they finally have music too. In fact I get music requests all the time now.

FIRECAP501 enjoyed working with you on this project and I know a few brothers saving pennies now for their conversion.

Also for the weather/water proofing I went with the biketronics RG cover and just happened to have single sided sticky 1/2" rubber tape and put about 5 laps around the face piece and it seals it up perfectly (no water worries here).

Subdoc1

2009 Street Glide Dark Blue Pearl
Detachable tour pack with Spoiler light
Saddle bag spoiler lights
Alpine 9883 I pod HU (Ipod in R saddle bag)
Hawgwired Conversion kit (Awesome)
ARC 125.2 Mini Amp (Clean sound)
HERTZ 6.5" HE Speakers (Only way to go)
Hogtunes Tweeter Pod (Nice add on and sounds good too)
Chromed out
Rush Pipes
Multiple seat variations

Quick Reply: FLHT/C/X Sound System Upgrade