Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Air Horns, which are you guys using?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 04:29 PM
shortride
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I just ordered a Rivco air horn for my Ultra Classic.

Old 04-13-2010, 04:58 PM
Damascus
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Update

Originally Posted by Damascus
Just ordered Pro Pad's chrome Mini-Beast 4 Twin Cam 96 Style horn, the cover of which is designed to more or less match the stock cover of the air cleaner on the right side of my 09 RK Police.

Should kinda "even out" the look of the bike.

I was going to pass on an aftermarket horn and just rely on my avoidance skills until I let one of the neighborhood kids beep the stock horn and where a kid is usually excited by a horn, he turned and looked up at me and said, "That's weak. Is there something wrong with it?"

Wisdom from the mouths of babes.
I've had this on for a couple of weeks now. Great quality, looks great, it's a plug-in/easy install, and it works -- blasted a cager who tried to come into my lane without looking and it got his attention good. I'm not much into relying on a horn, but I was in the slow lane with nowhere to go when this bozo made his move.

This is a great product.

Old 07-22-2013, 03:01 PM
Stephen D
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay, I'm a cheapskate so I bought the Harbor Freight plasic airhorns for $16. I fashioned a plate from some scrap metal (really a nail guard plate for $3.50 at home depot) for the horns, which are tucked behind the right saddlebag on my glide. The compressor's under the tour pack with a bit of airline connecting the to horns to it. This stuffs all concealed, but I suppose I may paint it black someday. For peace of mind, I drilled a small hole through the joints where the trumpet portion meets the soundmaking part and put a cotterpin through just in case of joint failure. Didn't want the horn bouncing around the spokes if it fell off, although it's thin plastic and would have been chewed up and spit out in a second. I know, it's not official HD, and it's Surely a low Q Chinese product but I have a slamming 135dB output for under $20. And some easy metal work.
I'll post some pictures, and maybe a pattern for the bracket soon. Just a note- I had Kuryakyn psuedo-air horns (electric horns with plasti-chrome trumpets attached), and they were causing me too much hassle, and weren't particularly loud really. If you had them too they're probably broken so let me know if you want some of my old parts.

Old 07-22-2013, 03:14 PM
Pumba11
Elite HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by jmcollison
I've got the Howards on my King and put them on my Heritage Springer that I had previously as well. I like 'em! I also have replaced the bracket that holds the compressor behind the cowbell. Seems that with the shaking of the motor is a little tough on the bracket with the weight of the compressor on it!

I have howard on my King also. Love them. They are metal. They are loud. And they look cool in my opinion.

I had to build a new bracket also, mine is out of steel. Not a big deal.