Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Air Horns, which are you guys using?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 07:44 PM
jgreg65
Road Master
Received 206 Likes on 36 Posts

Hey Bob I just went with a Metal Arts Mini Skull. It will be in on Wed, I asked what it sounded like he said he didn't have a sound clip of it, But if I didn't like it send it right back for a full refund. I'll let you know how it goes. I don't want big old truck horns/bugle horns sticking out. I don't want busted brackets I don't want a wiring nightmare. I want plug and play and reliability!! http://www.metalartsinc.com/motorcyc...accesories.htm

Old 04-09-2010, 07:54 PM
Kielbaso
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've got the HD premium air horn. Plenty loud, bit of pain for install, but overall I really like it. Have heard others having issues with their HD prem air horn, but I have had mine on over a year with no problems.

Old 04-10-2010, 12:12 AM
BladeRun
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just installed the Stebel Nautilus air horn. I got it from bikerhighway along with the $10 wiring kit they sell. I installed it myself, and put the horn where the cowbell used to be. It doesnt look as pretty but it's very loud. I haven't had to use it in self defense yet, but it's ready!

Old 04-10-2010, 02:36 AM
DHart
Tourer

Another vote for ProPad... ProPad makes awesome horns, with a variety of covers. Quick and easy to install and these puppies are freakin' LOUD! Much louder than pretty much ALL foreign car horns and most domestic cars/light trucks as well.

Here's how mine sounds (mixed in with the exhaust sounds).. the sound is created with two different (but close) pitches that are off-pitch (dissonant)... not only loud, but the dissonance is irritatingly effective! I love it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHO4kRI7cS0

I liked this cover, but they have a number of different options to suit your taste...

Last edited by DHart; 04-10-2010 at 03:22 AM.
Old 04-10-2010, 03:13 AM
Spartacus55
Cruiser

I just purchased the mini beast 2 by pro pad this horn is loud easy to install just three wires and the chrome finish is top notch. What are you waiting for go buy it.

Old 04-10-2010, 07:32 AM
jgreg65
Road Master
Received 206 Likes on 36 Posts

I had somebody break my ***** about the stocker sounding like a foreign car horn. I want to get away from that if possible. Come on Wed

Old 04-10-2010, 08:28 AM
mgmonster
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Howard's

I got a good deal on a set of Howard's Horns Duo on ebay. Plan to install them today. If I had not found this deal, I was ready to pull the trigger on a Pro Pad. We all need a better horn than stock.

Old 04-10-2010, 08:38 AM
Iron Patriot
Advanced

I've been using a Rivco for about 5 yrs. It's loud as hell and wakes people up when you need it. The only problem I've had is that the tubing supplied by the factory is substandard and cracks after 2 summers worth of riding due to heat. I replaced it with better quality automotive transmission tubing and now it works well w/o problems.

Old 04-11-2010, 03:29 AM
Watch Guy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default For what it's worth

Most of the idiots driving around in cars don't even hear the train whistle when I blew it. At least the ones I hit. (oops, sorry, didn't hear you. or see you) I was so lucky I never killed anyone at a crossing accident, but I thoroughly enjoyed pointing out to them what friggin idiots they were.
Sounds won't save you guys, only and only maybe sight, but remember, they can't hit what isn't there.

Old 04-11-2010, 07:01 AM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

loud *** Howard, made in USA. 3 yrs. now, no problems.

Last edited by IAMSWUTIAMS; 04-11-2010 at 07:04 AM.

Quick Reply: Air Horns, which are you guys using?