Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Paintless dent removal

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 12:15 AM
cooper57M
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Paintless dent removal

i did a bone head move today by not covering my fender, i dropped a socket on it and put a nice ding on it. You think Paintless dent removal would fix that ding?

Old 03-16-2010, 12:46 AM
genedjr
Road Captain

The glue-pull method might not work. The fendor is thicker than most car bodywork. But careful tapping might work. Check the glue-pull guy first, make sure its free if he cannot fix it.
...gene

Old 03-16-2010, 12:57 AM
Dewky
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I doubt it. I did PDR for 10 years, but bike tanks are much heavier gauge steel and getting decent leverage is difficult.

Old 03-16-2010, 01:20 AM
carlo
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Id give it a try on the fender. Don't cost nothing to take it to the guy that does that kind of work. See what he says. I think it will work on a fender. That kind of ding they wont use glue and pull. They will spoon it out. Ive heard good things about paintless dent repair. Car dealers use them all the time on new cars for parking lot dings. I feel your pain that **** sucks. Ive doon it to my cars fender once chipped the paint. Makes me get that sick feeling like I gotta hurl.

Last edited by carlo; 03-16-2010 at 01:26 AM.
Old 03-16-2010, 06:52 AM
onionfmr
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with Carlo. As long as the paint isn't cracked, I'd give the PDR a try. I've had pretty good luck with PDR on old muscle cars, thicker metal than today's car doors. Talk to the manager of the PDR shop and get their best person. Even if they are not sure they can do it, find out what their hourly rate is. You might want to pay for 1/2 hour of their time to try. The key is that the paint isn't damaged.

Old 03-16-2010, 07:48 AM
Roadking04
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Had it done on my front fender and it came out great!

Old 03-16-2010, 08:01 AM
1potter1
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I did the samething on my 02 RK. I used the paintless dent repair and it worked great. I looked at the fender from every angle and you could not tell THAT it had ever been repaired.

Old 03-16-2010, 08:48 AM
hawg08
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had it done on a Road King fender I had once and it worked out perfectly. However, I took the fender off and carried it to the repair shop. He fixed it but said the next time bring the whole bike. He said it would have been much easier to repair if I hadn't taken the fender off. Just a little FYI.

Old 03-16-2010, 11:41 AM
hamnhog
Cruiser
Talking Ride tested?

Originally Posted by hawg08
I had it done on a Road King fender I had once and it worked out perfectly. However, I took the fender off and carried it to the repair shop. He fixed it but said the next time bring the whole bike. He said it would have been much easier to repair if I hadn't taken the fender off. Just a little FYI.
You don't suppose that he wanted to test ride the repair after fixing it, do you? JK I bumped my front fender with a piece of plywood while moving to a new house last fall and I've sorta thought about trying this repair before replacing the fender. May give that a shot after reading this thread. Thanks guys.

Old 03-16-2010, 12:02 PM
todd-67
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3,407 Likes on 1,593 Posts

On a fender where you can get something under it as well it will probably pull out no problem. Tanks are a different story.

Quick Reply: Paintless dent removal