Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Electronic deer whistles???

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2006, 03:26 PM
Longhauler
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electronic deer whistles???

I believe that most riders can control their bikes under normal conditions, but unfortunately we have to deal with aholes in cages and four legged critters. It is hard to avoid the aholes but I would like to try and eliminate the critter problem. What is the consensus about the electronic deer whistles? Do they really work or is it another false advertising ploy? I hate to ask this but has anyone used these and still hit a four-legged? That would tell me that these things do not work.

Thanks,

[IMG]local://upfiles/15991/BB38D284DC5E47DEB2792BCE1915F82C.jpg[/IMG]

Old 08-01-2006, 03:28 PM
Rick51
Account Deactivated
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Electronic deer whistles???

I think the deer whistles attract deer. You can't predict Mother Nature.

Old 08-01-2006, 04:08 PM
Grover
Administrator Emeritus

Received 252 Likes on 122 Posts

They don't work as well as turning up the stereo so you make alot of noise. Save your money.

Old 08-01-2006, 04:13 PM
huffhuff
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

slow down in an area known to have deer. try not to swerve to avoid the deer, brake as safely as possible and likely the deer will clear you by itself. oh yeah, the deer whisles are worthless.

Old 08-01-2006, 04:42 PM
GaryZ
Intermediate

Save your money. Slow down at known deer crossings. All bridges. They like following the creek banks, and will cross the road just before bridges and after the bridges. We have lots of them here in western Iowa. They move near dusk, and about sunrise. I have had them cross the road at any time during the day. Stay alert. Don't drive like you stole it in known areas. Where there is one there is always another. During the rut season, I have seen bucks stand in the road and move when they feel like it. Not as wild as you think. cheerzzzzzzzz

Old 08-01-2006, 05:31 PM
gunrunner
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

There are some quality ones but not sure if they work, but anything to scare them away before you get close would be a good thing. Im for batwing mounted 30 cal. machine guns, works on man or beast

Old 08-01-2006, 06:45 PM
raftgyde
Road Master

ORIGINAL: Longhauler
What is the consensus about the electronic deer whistles? Do they really work or is it another false advertising ploy?
Snake Oil!

Old 08-01-2006, 07:44 PM
AggieFan
Advanced

I also live in an area with a heavy deer population. Most of the time the deer (in this area) standing along the side of the roads are very acclimated to traffic, and will not dart into traffic. Now throw a whistle into the mix and assume the deer is going to move. Is he going to move away from you or in front of you?. I would rather take my chances that he will continue to graze on the side of the road instead of using a whistle and know he is going to be moving in some direction, hopefully not my direction.

Old 08-02-2006, 07:11 AM
DI75
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I dont need that crap!! My buddy is a deer hunter ,so I just ride with him and we never see a deer!!!

Old 08-02-2006, 07:28 AM
SeaHag
Road Master

Cheap insurance if they work. I read all the information on the xp3 hornet site and it sounded like it had some merit. At the time I purchased, they were offering to pay your insurance deductible up to $500.00 if you hit a deer while using their product. For $50.00, I felt it was worth the risk....haven't hit a deer yet. (knock on wood)

Quick Reply: Electronic deer whistles???