Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I went Down Friday Evening.... I am blessed!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 04:32 PM
clarkchriston
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad to hear your ok. I know the most important thing is you came out of this with only minor injuries but if your insurance proves you were sold a defective tire on purpose I hope the person/place that sold it to you gets nailed to the wall. Making a few extra dollars at the expense of gambling with someone's life is just horrible.

Old 03-15-2010, 04:34 PM
Road Warrior
Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

sounds like someone bigger then us was there for you

Old 03-15-2010, 04:48 PM
sfchief
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Frightening story with a good ending (you survived). There’s far too many that don’t end that way. Thanks for sharing and a speedy recovery. Any other details about the tire (brand, model, etc.) when you get the chance would be appreciated.

Old 03-15-2010, 04:49 PM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 309 Likes on 200 Posts

Sure glad you weren't hurt anymore than you were...
you know, I've been riding for over 40 years, when I was young ( and dumb) I would jump on the bike and take off, not a care in the world, never check anything much..bullet proof???
Now that I've gotten older ( and hopefully wiser) I check the tires and oil at least once a week and do a quick walk around before riding...I never wore a helmet until the state passed the law requiring it and now that has been rescinded I still wear one, feel funny without it....always boots but sometimes I don't wear a jacket in summer.
Every time I read something like this I think what a dumb *** I am for not wearing leather or at least my mesh jacket....gotta do that more.

Everyone be safe out there, take some advice for a old fart rider, wear that protective stuff, I know it's not cool looking and yeah it's hot but ya never know when something is going to go wrong...

Old 03-15-2010, 05:09 PM
casique
Road Warrior
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Check the date on the tire and if its old call a lawyer!

Old 03-15-2010, 05:11 PM
sc00ter50
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by exemexer
Same sentiments to you as all the previous posters, don't know if you have ever been down before but let's hope that is the last time. One thing, I don't know how hard your head hit - check out your helmet, maybe time for a new one & mount that one on the wall or sometin'. Stay safe.
+1 on this, helmets are designed for "one and done". Happy to hear you're OK.

Old 03-15-2010, 05:12 PM
strtarrow
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Heck of a story there my friend and we are mighty glad you are here and able to tell us about it instead of hearing from someone else another rider down. God bless and as said, wasn't your time. I often question why I am still alive after some of the wrecks I have had, mostly in cages but a few bike bike related as well. NC state law requires a helmet but I wear one no matter what state I am in. I have also worn seat belts since long before it became law. I have enough scars already....

Old 03-15-2010, 05:14 PM
SG Mike
Road Master

Glad to hear that you are ok. You hit the nail on the head...GOD is good!

Old 03-15-2010, 06:14 PM
pled55
Road Master

Originally Posted by mcdowell25
Glad to hear that you are ok. You hit the nail on the head...GOD is good!
before i mount up either by myself or with a group .i always say a little prayer .it just makes me feel better about the whole ride .if the good lord were to call me while i'm riding at least i got my prayer in there .glad to hear your ok .hope everything works out for you .and the s.o.b who sold the tire to you.if he had knowledge it was old or bad .his day will come .what comes around goes around

Old 03-15-2010, 06:21 PM
RKCUSTOMBUD
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

icanalwayscountonLEO

Quick Reply: I went Down Friday Evening.... I am blessed!!!