Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dunlop American Elite Tires 2009/2010

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 08:19 PM
Roadie09
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sifularson
A dual compound tire is always going to be more expensive than a traditional single compound tire.

Does anyone know what HD charges for a stock rear tire for the 09s and 10s?

What does this new tire cost?
The last rear tire I bought from zanotti's was $183.XX plus shipping. That seems to be in line with the prices being posted for the American Elite tires.

Old 05-18-2010, 08:29 PM
sifularson
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Biker Bandit had the American Elite listed at $186 for a rear. Yes, that's a lot more than the Elite 3 but doesn't seem "silly" to me considering the size and the coumpound.

I love the Elite 3s on my 07. Might be tempted to try a dual compound tire if they make a size for my bike. Won't need to spend the money until next year if I can get 12K out of these.

BTW, I saw an 09 Ultra this weekend with worn out tires after only 11K. The rear was almost bald and the front was cupped terribly. Told the guy that he could probably get a new front tire if be complained to his dealer. There isn't a recall but many guys are getting a new tire for free.

Old 05-18-2010, 08:34 PM
MrHd1
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have checked prices on the new 180 tires and keep coming up with around $240 for a rear. I get both front and rear online for that price for BW 402S to fit my 08 Ultra. That is one reason I have held up on the idea of a new bike. Like the handling but not the tire prices. Would be interested to know if anyone has tried radials front and rear on the new chassis. I was surprised when HD didn't go that route since VRods and even FatBoys are running radials.

Old 05-22-2010, 11:19 AM
Navy Mustang
Road Master
Received 313 Likes on 121 Posts

Is there actually anyone on this forum running one of these new American Elite tires? Every singel website I've gone to that "claims" to carry this tire say that's "out of stock." All of them. Biker Bandit doesn't say that but if you call them and ask them that's what they'll tell you. I don't like websites like Biker Bandit where you must call and ask. If you order from them your money will be tied up for weeks (or possibly longer) while you want for your new tire. I'm in need of a rear tire soon and would really like to try on of these new American Elites if I can get my hands on one...

Old 05-22-2010, 11:56 AM
Roadie09
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Navy Mustang
Is there actually anyone on this forum running one of these new American Elite tires? Every singel website I've gone to that "claims" to carry this tire say that's "out of stock." All of them. Biker Bandit doesn't say that but if you call them and ask them that's what they'll tell you. I don't like websites like Biker Bandit where you must call and ask. If you order from them your money will be tied up for weeks (or possibly longer) while you want for your new tire. I'm in need of a rear tire soon and would really like to try on of these new American Elites if I can get my hands on one...
The word is that the tire is not officially out yet, supposed to be released late summer. Why in the world they are posting it on websites already is anybodies guess.

Old 05-22-2010, 11:58 AM
Roadie09
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by MrHd1
I have checked prices on the new 180 tires and keep coming up with around $240 for a rear. I get both front and rear online for that price for BW 402S to fit my 08 Ultra. That is one reason I have held up on the idea of a new bike. Like the handling but not the tire prices. Would be interested to know if anyone has tried radials front and rear on the new chassis. I was surprised when HD didn't go that route since VRods and even FatBoys are running radials.
The last rear tire I bought lasted 15,000 miles. Is that about what you are getting with the 402S? I am just wandering what the cost per mile is on the 180 tires. They cost more new, but if they last longer it will average out in the end.

Old 05-22-2010, 12:15 PM
Ridewva
Grand HDF Member
Received 393 Likes on 221 Posts

The American Elite tires are, for all intents, probably the same tires that Dunlop sells through HD. The specs, (diameter, tread depth, load, multi-tread compound) are identical. The difference is the sidewall design "proudly features the American Elite name and made-in-USA logo". And they will be sold through traditional tire distribution.

Old 05-22-2010, 12:37 PM
old.gezr
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just called www.jakewilson.com and they told me June 18th. We'll see! I like this company because they have good prices, free shipping and fast delivery, especially if you are in the west.