Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hopefully going to rent a HOG!

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2010, 09:48 PM
JimTJr
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 74 Likes on 52 Posts
Default Hopefully going to rent a HOG!

My wife and I are in Kauai, Hawaii! Hopefully we're going to rent a Harley for a day and ride all over. There is a "Canyon road" that runs all the length of Waimea canyon, otherwise referred to as the "Grand canyon of the Pacific"
It's supposed to be a unbelievable scenic ride with many overlooks to park and take pictures at.
We're here for 7 days on Kauai, and then 4 days on Oahu to see Pearl Harbor of course, and anything else after that. But Pearl is the priority!
Just wanted to "Rub it in" I guess! Sorry!

Old 03-15-2010, 12:18 AM
cbell11
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like a good time!

Old 03-15-2010, 02:40 PM
JimTJr
Outstanding HDF Member

Just rented a "Geezer Glide" for Thursday 8am - 5pm. We're on a brand new Ultra. I hope the wife still likes the SG when we get home, I'd hate to have to trade it off with only 240 miles on it! ROTFLMAO!!!!

Maybe it'd be cheaper to trade the wife of 31 yrs?

First leg of the ride will be the canyon! They have other "Rides mapped out" to keep you out of traffic, and enjoy the scenery!
Pics and thoughts after Thursday!

Old 03-15-2010, 07:12 PM
bjpharmd
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

awesome. we're going to hawaii in 1 month. (oahu-maui-kauai). was planning on renting a bike in maui as i hear they have great rides available. just a question for you. did you do fly and ride or just rent? dealer or private rental? any other advice for kauai?

Old 03-15-2010, 07:15 PM
yoosernayme
1st Gear

Ive rented in Hawaii and had a great time. Perfect weather and scenery. Enjoy

Old 03-15-2010, 07:23 PM
Certified Drunk
Tourer

When I went to Oahu last Oct I rented a '09 Road King from
http://www.cruzinhawaii.com/index.html
It was the best $150.00 spent on vacation.

Old 03-15-2010, 11:49 PM
JimTJr
Outstanding HDF Member

We have a time share, which we traded for our week and this week at the "The Cliffs" at Princeville. We have a nice condo, did Zip line today, Did the helicopter tour Saturday. Tomorrow is the Luau at Kalemaku in the evening, in the morning we have Snorkeling.
We did the timeshare and then booked our flight and the 4 days and 4 nights at Oahu with a Pearl Harbor tour, and plenty of beach time at the hotel! (Hyatt on the beach) through a travel agency. (Too short of notice to try to get better prices, put this trip together in about three weeks) For the Harley we just called the dealer, Kauai Harley Davidson/Buel and rented. 183.00 with insurance for the day, 8am to 5pm.

Old 03-16-2010, 12:38 AM
Dr. Tiki
Stellar HDF Member
Received 583 Likes on 219 Posts

Maui = Road to Hana
Oahu = Tantalus Dr.

My video of Tantalus Dr. on Oahu.

Old 03-16-2010, 08:59 AM
JustDennis
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

My wife and I rented a street glide for 2 days in September last year from Kauai HD. Rode one side of the island the first day along the canyon and the second day rode up the other to see the beaches and waterfalls. Great 2 days of riding.

Old 03-16-2010, 09:39 PM
JimTJr
Outstanding HDF Member

Yea, up here on the north side is very nice. We are staying at Princeville,near Hanalei. Went Snorkling today, saw several huge sea turtles up close, (I mean close, like 2 feet away!) I touched the fin on one,, he skooted away then,,
We are going to stay down on the south side Thursday, since it's always dryer then up north. And this is the rainy season here. (We are only about 10 miles from the wettest spot on the earth!) The top of that mountain gets something like 460" of rain a year! Where another 15 miles south west of there only gets something like 4" it's the 5th driest place on the planet! HUGE difference in 15 miles!

Quick Reply: Hopefully going to rent a HOG!