Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wild 1 575

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2010, 09:16 AM
myfhfb06
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Wild 1 575

My Dad is going to get the 575's for his 2009 Ultra and he put me in charge of ordering everything needed. So I'm asking for anyone's help on what I might need or any bits of wisdom for doing the install. Thanks

Old 03-13-2010, 09:31 AM
peddler
Club Member
Received 72 Likes on 55 Posts

I ran all of the wires internally. Purchased extensions from NAMZ. Some people will tell you extending the wires isn't necessary. Some people will tell you to just buy a roll of wire rather than using color coded extensions. In my case, because I made a connection mistake, I'd still be trying to figure that one out if I hadn't used color coded extensions. Both worked well for me.

I purchased +4" clutch Black Pearl Clutch cable from Magnum Shileding. Can you avoid buying a longer clutch cable? Sure, if you want to run the OE cable outside the fairing. Not my preference.

Purchased +2" Black Pearl brake lines from Magnum Shielding. Again, personal preference.

These aren't the only answers, just the ones that worked for me.

Old 03-13-2010, 09:42 AM
OldSarge
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have an 09 Electra Glide Standard and have installed the 575 handlebars (love them). Before installing mine, I sent an email to Wild One and here is their response:

David,
You will need a 4” longer clutch cable. You can re-route the stock one to reach but it will still be stretched.
All wires and the brake line fit well.

If you have any further questions please call.
DIRECTOR OF RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT
John Pollock
(714) 536-5869
wild1inc@gte.net

My installation went smooth. It is a pita to do the wires but the end result is smooth. Hope this helps

Old 03-13-2010, 09:50 AM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,222 Likes on 1,839 Posts

You can get the 38649-08 HD clutch cable to keep it stock look if that's what you are doing. The 32310-08 sensor is suggested as it does away with the green clip like the OE unit has. However, several have used the OE with internal wiring and it worked without incident. The brakes are all dependent on whether the bike has ABS or not. If the bike has ABS and you need to extend the top cable, you will have to have the dealer bleed the brakes as it is required to properly test them on the Digital Technician with ABS. You should also get a new tranny side cover gasket. On the 09 you can remove a rear heat shield and gain access to the tranny side cover without dropping the exhaust like we have to on the 08 and earlier. You can put the bike tires up on 2x4 lumber and lean it over onto the side stand and not have to drain the tranny oil

Old 03-13-2010, 10:19 AM
myfhfb06
Tourer

He was planning on keeping the stock look with the cables and internally wiring the wires. He has a service manual from his 2005 Electra Glide would it be beneficial to get a 2009 or would he want the 2005 for any reason?

Last edited by myfhfb06; 03-13-2010 at 10:34 AM.
Old 03-13-2010, 11:30 AM
stglideblk
Cruiser

just put them on my street glide and love em. go 4+ on cables and all will fit fine. no wiring ext needed and i ran wires inside bars.

Old 03-13-2010, 11:55 AM
joshuavlanderson
Advanced
Default Wild ones

I p ut these on my King and am in love with them, everything about them is amazing...I didnt extend them, but will be in the near future. Money was the issue at the time, another 350.00 do get them installed...ouch

Go for it. Get the cables now and forget about it!!!!!!

Old 03-13-2010, 12:00 PM
DPete
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 1,735 Likes on 1,302 Posts

Originally Posted by stglideblk
just put them on my street glide and love em. go 4+ on cables and all will fit fine. no wiring ext needed and i ran wires inside bars.
Same here, had some good help from a member here. Wiring is tight with the stock green throttle connector but we got it. A good pair of snap ring pliers for the clutch cable replacement and a ball end allen wrench would help ya. Log the wire colors and order when you disasemble the connectors. Had no issues and like the bars

Old 03-13-2010, 12:09 PM
soon to be
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by stglideblk

same here....+4 cables and wiring was long enough. Take your time when pulling wire pins from connecetors, write down where they are in the plugs....your dad will like the bars. My bike was an ultra as well.

Old 03-13-2010, 05:33 PM
myfhfb06
Tourer

Any suggestions where to buy the bars. I saw Zanotti has them for about $180 plus shipping. Seems that the price ends up being around $200.

Quick Reply: Wild 1 575