Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

street glide exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 11:04 AM
bgredopie@aol.com
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default street glide exhaust

Hi, I just purchased a 2009 Harley Street Glide and am going with the Rinehart exhaust. The slip-ons are way cheaper and easier to install rather than the true dual system (complete with header). Whats the difference? im not looking for performance but just a nice LOUD sound!!! the bike has rush slip on's already and its just not that loud..UGH! IS there a noticible sound difference in the full rinehart system compared to just slip ons????

THanks RICH!

aslo would i have to get the bike re-tuned?

Old 03-12-2010, 11:08 AM
PistonPuller
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You will get a little louder with true duals, but imo you will lose a little hp. I have the slip ons and really like the sound. I have considered the true duals, but not sure I want to spend the money for a little more sound.

Old 03-12-2010, 11:09 AM
Ronp42
Account Retired
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by bgredopie@aol.com
Hi, I just purchased a 2009 Harley Street Glide and am going with the Rinehart exhaust. The slip-ons are way cheaper and easier to install rather than the true dual system (complete with header). Whats the difference? im not looking for performance but just a nice LOUD sound!!! the bike has rush slip on's already and its just not that loud..UGH! IS there a noticible sound difference in the full rinehart system compared to just slip ons????

THanks RICH!

Before you buy, I would check with Jamie at FuelMoto. He did some testing on Slip-on Exhaust and posted the results here on the forum. If I remember correctly Rinehart was about the same as Rush in db.

Old 03-12-2010, 11:10 AM
PistonPuller
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bgredopie@aol.com

Not if you are only adding slip ons, not sure about duals, but I think you should not have to as well. It's usually if you change out intakes, when you will need to think about a map

Old 03-12-2010, 11:18 AM
JayStronghawk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 280 Likes on 215 Posts

Had True Duals with my 08 and doing the same with my 09 what little sacrifice made in HP the sound more than made up for it to me .. If want to race , thats what the Sportster is for .. If me would change the AC as well and tune it, and enjoy the benefit of more flow with better sound as well ..

Old 03-12-2010, 12:22 PM
Lusty72
Advanced

Get in touch with Dr V-twin on here. Just placed an order for Rinehart true duals for my 08 Street Glide and thought he was lying the price was so cheap. I'd bet its about what you'd pay for slip-ons. The service was outstanding as well. There is a thread in the vendor section on this. https://www.hdforums.com/forum/vendo...dr-v-twin.html

Old 03-12-2010, 01:06 PM
papifun
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

still think V&H ovals have better tone than RH.... my 0.02.

Old 03-12-2010, 01:15 PM
Phat09flhx
Road Captain

I have to agree that RH is @ the same DB as Rush,I went from D&D's to V&H Pythons.The difference was like day and night.The Pythons were alot louder and made my bike sound like a Harley but I could feel the torque more with the D&Ds.