Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dunlop E-3s....Great Deal i just got,Check it out...

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 01:54 PM
Knight2
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

soos,

Thanks bro! I'll look into it!
Seems you guys LOVE these tires! Can't wait...

Pete

Old 03-12-2010, 01:54 PM
niteglide
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Same here. I have an 07

Old 03-13-2010, 12:34 AM
gunner11
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm ridng Venoms, and love the way they corner and very smooth on the highway. I heard the E3's were great on long runs but were too hard for in town and didn't grip that good for round town riding. Anyone got some actual experience to answer this question?

Old 03-13-2010, 03:46 AM
Cheese Head
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the heads up. I have been shopping for new E-3s because I will be replacing tires this summer. I tried placing the order through Jake Wilson. Unfortunately they appear to be anti-military. J/K - I don't think they are anti-military. However, they do not mail to military. (USPS is not a shipping option supported by Jake Wilson for those of us serving overseas with APO/FPO mailing addresses - these are US mailing addresses for those unfamiliar with APO/FPO). I don't mind paying for shipping because I know USPS is more expensive than UPS. I just wish more companies would be willing to support us here overseas and take the effort to complete a customs form (very easy form to complete - especially for tires because tires are not shipped in a box - simply tape a mailing label and a customs form to the tire and drop it in the mail with the correct postage or just have the mail person pick it up from the shipping dept). So far the best deal I have found is motorcycletire.com that will ship to APO/FPO ($30 shipping - actually a very good deal). Unfortunately their tires are expensive...I'm looking at $275 delivered. If anyone knows a better Internet deal with USPS as a shipping option I would love to hear it.

Old 03-13-2010, 05:37 AM
Fahpah
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Why not have them shipped to Mom and Dad, then they can forward via USPS? At least you could get the cheaper tire price that way. Should still be cheaper than the $275 you mentioned.

Old 03-13-2010, 06:46 AM
riteway
Extreme HDF Member
Received 988 Likes on 679 Posts

Originally Posted by soos
RW you were the one who told us about the Cycle Gear sale. You should be bitch slapped.
Sorry SOOS...I had a play date with the O'lady and missed that 2 hour sale....But i got this one!!!!!!!!

Old 03-13-2010, 06:58 AM
riteway
Extreme HDF Member
Received 988 Likes on 679 Posts

Originally Posted by leohd
for what year bike? did Jake Wilson have the dyna beeds? if so how much?
I got those dyna beads for my 04 FLHT....But sorry Leo they only come in white....I think you could order them in Black but they cost 10 times more and are back ordered for like 2 years...
Price???? That changes daily depending on your attitude....I got them cheap because i was so happy with tire deal...

Old 03-13-2010, 07:38 AM
Baffler1
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Jake wilson is awesome...
Ordered my e3's - mu90b16 & 130/70b-18, dyna beads, chrome tire valves - got the $10 discount, the $20 coupon & got them all delivered the next day (utah to ny) for free - great deal!!!

Old 03-13-2010, 08:45 AM
gman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by soos
I have an '06 and went with MT90B-16 front and MU90B-16 rear.
got the same tires for my '07 UC. great deal and service.

when checking out on line, it gave ma $10 off for ordering two tires, plus indicated and additional $20 off using the coupon code. however, once I got the tires and looked at the invoice that accompanied the tires, they didn't give me the $20 coupon discount. guess I'll wait and see what they actually charged my credit card for.

Old 03-13-2010, 09:06 AM
leadman
Road Master
Received 79 Likes on 56 Posts

Bought my E3's from Jake Wilson last year.Great company.Awesome tires.
Not quite ready for a new set , but am going to order more to install before
July trip.

Quick Reply: Dunlop E-3s....Great Deal i just got,Check it out...