Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vancve & Hines "quiet baffles"..anyone got 'em?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2010 | 05:30 PM
mike1158
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by strtarrow
Screw all that. I want the loudest pipes possible and can't help but wonder why anyone would want otherwise. Its a friggin Harley and frankly I think HD should scrap the stock exhaust and put on whatever you want. There would be the answer to all our issues. Sorry for the negative feedback but anyone I know wants their scoot to be as loud as possible.

Im gonna take the high road on this...and say, to each his own

Old 03-20-2010 | 10:05 PM
3itodd
Tourer

how do the baffles mount inside the pipes?

Old 03-22-2010 | 08:15 AM
mike1158
|
Road Master

i don't know I haven't looked into that yet. I just found out the other day that the optional baffles won't be available for my pipes for another month or 2. I waited almost 3 months to get the slip ons when i ordered them in december..now the baffles might not be available till May.
Funny what some of these parts manufacturers consider as avaialble.
In my opinion if i can't buy it today and have it shipped to me next week...it's not "available"

Old 03-23-2010 | 09:42 PM
LEFTCOAST CARL
Advanced

Originally Posted by mike1158
i don't know I haven't looked into that yet. I just found out the other day that the optional baffles won't be available for my pipes for another month or 2. I waited almost 3 months to get the slip ons when i ordered them in december..now the baffles might not be available till May.
Funny what some of these parts manufacturers consider as avaialble.
In my opinion if i can't buy it today and have it shipped to me next week...it's not "available"
i strongly agree on the "availability issue"!!!!!
i recieved my baffles,but am waiting(1 month) for the small oval dual slash mufflers!@#)@#!#!!~~~!!!!! maybe i can send you 1 baffle and you can send me 1 muffler...........at least we'll be a little closer to completion.
leftcoast carl.

Old 03-24-2010 | 07:40 AM
mike1158
|
Road Master

CARL..these are the mufflers that i have ... Twin SLash Ovals not the MONSTERS
I bought my bike December 19th and ordered them at the dealer during the purchase. Was told they were on back-order till January 18...then ON Jan 18 it turned into February 14th..i think the ended up coming in the last week of February.
A little inside info...i am looking for the Queit baffles cuz these Ovals have a little bit more of a raspy tone then what i want ....from all the info i've gotten here these optional Baffles don't really make them that much more quiet,,they do more to lower the tone..which is what i want.
Also V&H told me tht the Twin SLash ROunds have a deeper tone then the Ovals...just an FYI

Old 03-24-2010 | 11:20 AM
Teal
Cruiser

I am looking into buying a set of twin slash "rounds" myself and see that the quiet baffles don't appear to be readily available. I just bought a set of V&H slip ons for the wifes weapon and had no problem getting the baffles at the same time.

Old 03-24-2010 | 09:45 PM
LEFTCOAST CARL
Advanced

Originally Posted by mike1158
CARL..these are the mufflers that i have ... Twin SLash Ovals not the MONSTERS
I bought my bike December 19th and ordered them at the dealer during the purchase. Was told they were on back-order till January 18...then ON Jan 18 it turned into February 14th..i think the ended up coming in the last week of February.
A little inside info...i am looking for the Queit baffles cuz these Ovals have a little bit more of a raspy tone then what i want ....from all the info i've gotten here these optional Baffles don't really make them that much more quiet,,they do more to lower the tone..which is what i want.
Also V&H told me tht the Twin SLash ROunds have a deeper tone then the Ovals...just an FYI
hey mike,
i phoned vance and hines directly this morning and spoke with ryan.he's the guy that pointed me towards the dual slash ovals and quiet baffle in the first place.he's confirmed that they're having more "demand than supply" and all backorders on this particular muffler should be caught up in a month.WTF!!!!! i suggested that it would have been nice to know that in the beginning! anyways............. he's confirmed that the stock mufflers will fit on their headpipes,so i'll probably have my builder re-install the original muffs to get me on the road sooner.i'll return when the small oval dual slash muffs arrive.
meanwhile......my builder is adamant that his supplier will deliver them in the next two days?!?!?!if so,where'd he get them when the whole wolrd( including the manufacturer)can't currently supply.i guess we'll see who's bullshitting who when i pick my bike up.
leftcoast carl.