Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

10 flhtcu cigarette lighter wasn't working, now no signals, horn etc

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2010 | 03:49 PM
y2kflhr
Road Captain

sounds good, I am kind getting a little tired riding with my group....

we did sag harbor sunday, hamptons on saturday.

Old 03-10-2010 | 09:17 AM
NYBagger92
|
Road Master

notice the red rubber cover in the center of the pic, and the plastic wiring conduit reflected off the fairing and headlight assembly. The pos and neg connect were hanging out from under the weather stripping on the bottom of the fairing... just below the headlight. the last mechanic to deal with the bike (oil gauge not connected properly) reassembled with these hanging out.

looking at the pics now... is that lead coming off the headlight harness hot, or dead? i don't want to open it up right now to check. if it is a hot lead, could this have shorted due to weather and such. that would catch water full on in the rain. <-- yes, it get ridden in the rain. the positive.. org and white has a cap on it, the neg black is exposed. all are tucked up nicely inside the fairing now.

just curious.

Attached Thumbnails 10 flhtcu cigarette lighter wasn't working, now no signals, horn etc-dummy.jpg  
Old 03-10-2010 | 09:22 AM
RandyDowdy
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by NYBagger92
took a deep breath.
sat down w the dog and a beer.
rob
Not a bad idea, anytime something gets on your nerves. I wish others would hit a joint, then relax. We wouldn't have near the wars and fights!

my brother in law believes i grounded it with my finger... could be right. didn't touch anything else.
Never thought of that. I guess it could happen. The human body will sure carry a current, we all know that. Something to think about.

Old 03-10-2010 | 11:55 AM
y2kflhr
Road Captain

notice the red rubber cover in the center of the pic, and the plastic wiring conduit reflected off the fairing and headlight assembly. The pos and neg connect were hanging out from under the weather stripping on the bottom of the fairing... just below the headlight. the last mechanic to deal with the bike (oil gauge not connected properly) reassembled with these hanging out.

looking at the pics now... is that lead coming off the headlight harness hot, or dead? i don't want to open it up right now to check. if it is a hot lead, could this have shorted due to weather and such. that would catch water full on in the rain. <-- yes, it get ridden in the rain. the positive.. org and white has a cap on it, the neg black is exposed. all are tucked up nicely inside the fairing now.

just curious.

from what I can tell, they are hot, but hard to tell from the pics, I know what is under that red cap is hot