Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tour Pack.....I need one..

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 04:52 AM
Shane08
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tour Pack.....I need one..

Hello all,

I have been surfing the web for a few weeks looking for a tour pack and QD for my 08 Roadglide. My bike is Crimson Red and has what appears to be the receptacle for the QD to attach to the bike and that's it.

I want to buy the tour pack that has the "wrap around" back rest and running lights. Will I be able to buy this in matching paint? If not I can get paint codes and have it shot locally. Any tips on where to procure the above or part numbers,options,pics of what you have and where you bought etc. will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Old 03-09-2010, 04:55 AM
Shane08
Advanced
Default Pics of the bike from behind...

I have the original seat hanging on the wall.....just need the kit..

Attached Thumbnails Tour Pack.....I need one..-soft-tail-007.jpg  
Old 03-09-2010, 08:10 AM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Shane08
Hello all,

I have been surfing the web for a few weeks looking for a tour pack and QD for my 08 Roadglide. My bike is Crimson Red and has what appears to be the receptacle for the QD to attach to the bike and that's it.

I want to buy the tour pack that has the "wrap around" back rest and running lights. Will I be able to buy this in matching paint? Sure; look in the HD accessories catalog or HD's website under "Genuine Motor Accesssories." If not I can get paint codes and have it shot locally. Yes, you can buy HD paint or get PPG codes to repaint an Ultra tour pak or King tour pak; but, most folks don't save much money re-painting tour paks given the costs. Any tips on where to procure the above or part numbers,options,pics of what you have and where you bought etc. will be greatly appreciated. Check Zanotti's and Chicago HD for their prices on what you want; both are 20% off list price HD dealers.

Thanks!
HD sells color-matched tour paks for your bike. Just check the parts catalog either on-line or the paper version.

Good luck with your research.

Carl

Old 03-09-2010, 08:23 AM
reefrider
Road Master
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Harleypingman
HD sells color-matched tour paks for your bike. Just check the parts catalog either on-line or the paper version.

Good luck with your research.

Carl
After you get part numbers be sure to save some $$ and go with a 20% discount online dealer.........Zanotti's, Chicago HD, etc.
RR

Old 03-09-2010, 09:13 AM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Also, there are a ton of threads on buying new tour paks. Backrests are sold separately. Also, the lock is sold separately and you will need your bike's key code or VIN to order locks matched to your bike's key. An Ultra tour pak (i.e. a King tour pak with the run/brake light bar installed) will also have holes pre-drilled for mounting speaker pods. Most of this is explained in the listing for the Ultra tour paks in the catalog.

Old 03-09-2010, 09:22 AM
TxMongrel
Road Captain

I bought mine on ebay. I had a local paint supplier color match one of my side covers
and I painted it myself. Total cost including backrest, paint, detachable bracket was around $700.00 It came with the large rack, liner and pouches inside. If you want it fast, buy color matched new, but be prepared to pay over twice as much.

Old 03-09-2010, 09:30 AM
Shane08
Advanced

Thanks Gents.....my search continues.....I am on flea bay now.....as far as fitment goes.....will most of the TP's fit a touring bike....

Old 03-09-2010, 09:50 AM
TxMongrel
Road Captain

You just need the correct mounting hardware for your bike. I got lucky and bought it from a guy that posted it as "buy it now". The same with the detachable bracket and backrest. Just being there at the right time, i guess. It helps that I used to paint cars too. Did the electrical as well. I always wanted more lights on the rear for safety. I haven't taken it off since I installed it...

Old 03-09-2010, 10:21 AM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,357 Likes on 2,536 Posts

Originally Posted by Harleypingman
Also, the lock is sold separately and you will need your bike's key code or VIN to order locks matched to your bike's key.
just slide back the plastic cover on your key, there will be a number stamped there, use that to get matched keys. then you will end up with 4 keys to your bike (2 originals from when you bought the bike, and 2 'spares' with the tourpak) should not have any problem with lost keys then.

Old 03-09-2010, 01:35 PM
cgonzgo
Tourer

Not sure where you are, but I was just looking using craiglook.com (lets you do a nationwide search) and there are a bunch of them and some good deals. I have had good luck with anything on craigslist as long as the seller lists a phone number.....

Quick Reply: Tour Pack.....I need one..