Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chicago Harley-Davidson

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 04:23 PM
highwayking
Tourer
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Chicago Harley-Davidson

I'm interested in hearing from anyone who has ordered accessories from Chicago H-D. I see where they offer 20% discounts. I typically use Surdyke, but have noticed recently that they have decreased their discount to 10% on many of their items. I like Surdyke because I could usually count on getting my part in about a week after placing my order. The Chicago H-D website says they usually ship within 7 to 10 business days after receiving the order. That could mean as much as a three-week wait in getting the part after you order it considering that it could take a week to receive it after it is shipped. Just curious what others have experienced with them.

Old 03-08-2010, 04:31 PM
keltonkrew
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've ordered several times from Chicago. it does take on average 2-3 weeks to get what I order. If I'm not in a rush, I'll order from there to save the 20%. if I need it now, of course I won't order from them.

Old 03-08-2010, 04:32 PM
DPete
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 1,735 Likes on 1,302 Posts

I've ordered alot from them, sometimes it's a little slow if they don't stock the order but it always arrives and never had anything damaged including a paint matched tourpak. Just plan ahead and you will be satisfied

Old 03-08-2010, 04:33 PM
SCJE8
Club Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have ordered a ton of parts from Chicago HD and have always been very pleased with the pricing, but have always thought that the 'getting the parts out the door to me' service was a little slow!

I do a side-by-side comparison with Zanotti and use that to determine which company I buy from when I'm ready to make my order.

As a side note...when I dressed up my 2009 Street Glide I used Chicago for my parts source. My initial order was over $6,000.00! I asked them to throw in a couple of XL t-shirts with their logo so I could do some bragging for them down in Florida...afterall, I had just spent a ton of $$$! I got the t-shirts I asked for alright...and was charged MSRP minus 20%! Sigh...!

Good luck...

Steve

Old 03-08-2010, 04:33 PM
Bearcat1
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

If they have the part/parts in stock you should indeed see it in 7-10 days. If they don't have the part in stock then it depends on how long it takes to get from the MOCO. They do a great a job of sending out emails keeping you updated on the status of your order.

Old 03-08-2010, 04:34 PM
407Guy
Cruiser

I've used them for my HD as well as my previous Buell.

They are great. I must be lucky because most of what I have ever ordered from them gets to me within 2 weeks (calendar days).

Old 03-08-2010, 04:36 PM
FLS2FLH
Tourer

I'm currently waiting for stuff I ordered from CHD on 2/19. As a previous poster said, if you can put up with the wait, the 20% savings may be worth it to you.

Old 03-08-2010, 04:38 PM
Rock Chalk
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

i've bought from Chicago HD twice and had no probems at all. Actually, I thought the shipping was pretty quick and of course the price was right.

Old 03-08-2010, 04:39 PM
xxxflhrci
Extreme HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

I've placed many orders with them and had zero problems. My longest wait was maybe 2 weeks.

Old 03-08-2010, 04:46 PM
cbears
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep, price good, shipping slow. The last thing I ordered from them was my Zeppelin seat. I was dissappointed with the packaging. The seat was just put in a plain clear plastic bag in a box. No padding around it or anything. It was just bouncing around in there. Luckily it wasn't damaged. Everything else I've ordered has been packaged fine, but always shipped slow.

Quick Reply: Chicago Harley-Davidson