Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Skull accessories - Superstition

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 03:26 PM
Brockmeister
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got NO problems with the skulls. But no bumper stickers on the car. Got some HD stickers and a Saints hemet on the truck.

Old 03-08-2010, 03:28 PM
cbears
Road Warrior

I've got a green bike, HD calls it turquoise, but it's green. They are supposedly bad luck. As one other said, superstitions are all in the mind. Put what you like on and RIDE!

Old 03-08-2010, 03:39 PM
Brockmeister
Cruiser

You know, when I went to get my Harley, the sales guy was telling me about the green superstition. Where did all that start?

Old 03-08-2010, 03:41 PM
Slopneck
Road Master

Don't buy it. Had skulls on the last bike cause I liked the look. None on my current bike but not for any other reason other than I'm not going after that look this time. Nothing is any different than anything else other than look.

Old 03-08-2010, 03:46 PM
PKellyMc
Outstanding HDF Member
Location: PacNW; Beacon of Conservatism in a Sea of Liberals.......AZ Snowbird; Just another Conservative
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

I don't care for the "skulls" motif. Not a superstition thing, just don't care for the death imagery. Too many positive and creative ways to dress up a bike; custom paint, candy, flake, chrome ........

'Nuf said/shown

Decorate as you please.

Old 03-08-2010, 03:53 PM
Badbagger
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 323 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by Fitter64
I have also heard that skulls are the symbol of death and the closer you keep them to you the greater the chance the Grim Reaper will pass you by.
Interesting concept... I've got them and like anything else, to each their own.

Old 03-08-2010, 03:57 PM
PistonPuller
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by PKellyMc
Too many positive and creative ways to dress up a bike.
Why do skulls have to be a negative way to dress up a bike? Just because you don't like them makes them negative or uncreative

Old 03-08-2010, 04:01 PM
hoethree
Elite HDF Member
Received 69 Likes on 21 Posts

Isnt the green thing from some British race car driver that always had a green car that got killed or something like that? I have had skulls on my bike for years with no bad luck......well I did lose a job,....then a divorce,.....then cancer,.....hmmmmm

Old 03-08-2010, 04:13 PM
HalfFast
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Back in the day, Outlaw Bikers tattooed skulls on themself as a symbol of cheating death. Most of those bikers were, pretty much, hell raisers. I am too old to raise much hell now so I don't want to lead anyone into thinking that I do.
It is a lot like putting a potato or a pair to tube socks down the front of your pants to make some woman think you have big root. I don't want to give anybody that that impression either. She might want me to use it.

Old 03-08-2010, 04:17 PM
harry.b
Tourer

Interesting question. Yes, I am superstitious about skulls. Having worked in a trauma ICU for ten years alot of the patients that are hurt bad and basically screwed for the rest of their life, if there is a rest of their life have skull/demon tatoos all over them. I'm not sure what that all means and can't exactly explain it, but isn't that what a superstition is all about? I do however like evil jokers and evil clowns. I have been seriously considering doing the insane clown posse clown in ghost paint on the fairing one day. To each his own.

Quick Reply: Skull accessories - Superstition