Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

best tail/brake light

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 11:25 AM
DMetcalf
Road Captain
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

I have to agree with what The Old man suggested. I have been researching to purchase brighter rear brake lights and turn signals. The price at Ride Time Tech is pretty hard to beat and from what I have read they should do what I want. I looked at others and I'm sure they are equally impressive but my budget and wife was much happier with the price I paid for the Leds at Ride Time Tech.. We need all of the help we can get to help make sure cagers see us when were stopped or turning.

Old 03-10-2010, 11:33 AM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I've had the Kury Panacea setup for a few years and not one problem. The lights must be bright enough because I'm always having people pull up next to me to tell me nice brake light or that I have a short and somethings wrong with my brake light. lol.

Old 03-10-2010, 06:16 PM
baldeagle503
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by The Old Man
I have these on my bike and they are reasonable. 100 led's.............http://www.ridetimetechnology.com/tail_sr.htm

Work well and they are plug and play. I also use their rear fender tip LED brake lights. That has 40 LEDs in it. also plug and play....................
Ditto for me. Works great and looks great. Reasonable price also.

Old 03-11-2010, 09:51 AM
MyClassic09
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think Im going to buy the Badlands illuminator to turn my turn signals into brake lights also...
Then prob slowly change over everything to LEDs

Even the wife said being behind me on my bagger the lonely stocker taillight wasnt good enough and she knows to repect boundries...so looking to see everything I can do to help

Old 03-11-2010, 10:33 AM
fripple
Road Warrior

Anyone know where to get the BAL a little cheaper?!?!?

Old 03-11-2010, 11:43 AM
Homebrew101
Road Master
Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

I installed a run/brake/turn module last winter, some no name brand the dealer was clearing out. I wanted to add the BAL this winter but I would have to mod the RTB module or it would interfere with that feature of the BAL.

I no longer know the brand of the module I installed (it's not marked either) so didn't know how to rewire it. My choice then would be to remove that module and lose the RTB features of my turn signals or not buy the BAL which I really wanted to get.

I bought the Custom Dynamics unit for $150 last week and am happy with that.

I've never seen the BAL so cannot comment but the person at CD that I spoke with on the phone when ordering stated that their is actually brighter than the BAL but the BAL looks brighter because it goes from 100% to 0% when flashing instead of going from steady to 100% - I don't know if that is accurate, I suspect it isn't but...

Old 03-11-2010, 12:35 PM
Rocker69
Intermediate

I have delt with Custom Dynamics before and have been very happy with their stuff. I bought their 136 LED board and had it installed on my Nomad for 4 years, LOVED IT! The one I have comming for the RK is only 120 LED's so I hope there isn't much difference. Another option that I have run for the last 10 years from them is their "Back Off" module. It flashes your brake light 3 times and then it stays on soild for a few seconds. The first time I stopped with that installed cars were giving me at least 3 to 6 more feet. Best $29 dollars I have ever spent. Hope this helps!

Old 03-11-2010, 01:51 PM
jberg
Road Warrior
Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

The BAL is expensive but it works great, has adjustable brightness and takes two minutes to install. I wasn't sure I'd prefer the 4 LEDs to one's like the CD with lots of smaller ones but I do like it. The lens is prismed so that it really looks like one light. The HD R/T/B module is completely compatible with the BAL. The combination gives me a tremendous amount of light, scary brake lights, all without adding another light fixture to the rear.

Old 03-11-2010, 02:47 PM
cruise_carter
Road Captain
Received 39 Likes on 13 Posts

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...tz-lights.html

Post I started last year, lights are BRIGHT.

Had the Panacea setup on my previous RG.
They were very bright but I like the setup on the EG much more.

Most anything is better than stock to get you visible to all the people in cages..

Old 03-11-2010, 02:56 PM
Chucky
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Put the BAL on last summer and set up to a flashing pattern and max brightness. Very easy install and works well. I got it at the Dealer during and they let me use a 20% off dealer coupon.

Quick Reply: best tail/brake light