Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

best tail/brake light

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 07:07 PM
LUBA
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BAL all the way!

Old 03-08-2010, 07:11 PM
gman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Went with the Bright *** lights, LED tail lights from Cusom Dynamics and the HD Run, turn brake module. It is REALLY bright back there now and was a simple installation.

Old 03-08-2010, 07:15 PM
EdwardK
Road Warrior
Received 305 Likes on 226 Posts

Originally Posted by 07RoadHawg
If you want to mod your HD module, this is how. Worked for me, but I make no guarantees, blah blah blah....

Rewire HD module
Biketronics makes a module that does just this. No mod required. They call it the Tailstopper. Makes a huge difference when you hit the brakes. One running light. Three brake lights. It's vary obvious you are on the brake. I love it and drive in Houston traffic every day. Wouldn't have anything else.

http://www.biketronics.com/Lighting%20Solutions.html

Old 03-08-2010, 07:17 PM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

i bought the b.a.l. and i'm very impressed with it. people don't tend to creep up on me while i'm at a stoplight anymore. it's aptly named the "bright *** light" this taillight is awesome, and there are about 25 or so different flash or intensity patterns that are available. it comes with a very strong magnet which you place near the upper right corner of the taillight and there's a microprocessor in the taillight housing that cycles through the patterns. you choose the one you like, and put the magnet away. none of this microprocessor is visible at all. just a red or smoked flat or laydown, your choice when you buy it. they go for if i remember right, 200 bucks. the peace of mind that people will see you, was worth it to me. matter of fact, right after getting the one for my harley, i found a set of four similar led taillights that are almost as bright for my c-5 series corvette, and the set of four cost me $250. go figure. would i get the b.a.l. again? you bet, it's the best thing you can do for safety in my opinion. i also have had the turn signal module and red lenses for the turn signals, which also increases your visibility a lot too, and that's a cheap mod. ride safe guys, the cagers are out texting this spring.

Old 03-08-2010, 07:19 PM
07RoadHawg
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by EdwardK
Biketronics makes a module that does just this. No mod required. They call it the Tailstopper. Makes a huge difference when you hit the brakes. One running light. Three brake lights. It's vary obvious you are on the brake. I love it and drive in Houston traffic every day. Wouldn't have anything else.

http://www.biketronics.com/Lighting%20Solutions.html
Wish I would have known more a couple of years ago. I actually had forgotten about this module since I already had the money sunk in the HD one and could mod it for free.

Old 03-08-2010, 07:44 PM
07fatboycustom
Cruiser

has anyone seen these or has them.
superbrightleds.com

i am thinking about this as my choice.

Old 03-09-2010, 06:08 PM
jag1886
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I got the entire rear light set up from Badlands last winter (all LED's and controller) and you would have to be either dead or texting to not see them, they honestly leave you seeing spots if you look directly at them with the brakes on.

Attached Thumbnails best tail/brake light-dsc02893.jpg  
Old 03-09-2010, 07:09 PM
jgreg65
Road Master
Received 206 Likes on 36 Posts

Well there goes another 450 to Bright azz lights.

BLAST this darn forum!!

Old 03-09-2010, 07:44 PM
FotoDeville
Tourer

I bought the Kury LED laydown taillight last year and installed it on my Ultra. Yeah it was brighter but pretty disappointing. I was expecting a lot more. I wish I could get my money back now and buy the BAL.

Old 03-09-2010, 07:53 PM
rg_dave
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

2 friends of mine have the kury. The left side went out on one guy's and the right side went out on the other guy's. Right after the warranty went out, of course. I am going with the bal and then a badlands run, turn, brake with the led turn signals.

Quick Reply: best tail/brake light