Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mileage Reinstatement

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 11:31 AM
SokoDeployed
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mileage Reinstatement

I know if you purchase a new speedo you can get the milage reinstated. Here's my question, I just put a batwing on my RK Classic and installed a set of used gauges that the milage is obviously wrong. Does anyone know if there is a way to have my true milage reinstated on the used speedo? My local dealership wasn't any help.

Old 03-08-2010, 11:39 AM
UltraClassicElectraGlide
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SokoDeployed
I know if you purchase a new speedo you can get the milage reinstated. Here's my question, I just put a batwing on my RK Classic and installed a set of used gauges that the milage is obviously wrong. Does anyone know if there is a way to have my true milage reinstated on the used speedo? My local dealership wasn't any help.
My local H-D dealer is no help either; they told me that if you buy NEW gauges, the corrected mileage is set before the gauges are sent to the dealer. I bought a set off of eBay but now have to wait until I get to that mileage before installing them.