Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCV Autotune Problems??? Please HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 06:20 PM
scottdoege
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fuelmoto is SPONOR OF THE YEAR!!!!

Jamie,

Thanks so very much for chiming in. You and your company are awesome. I can't get to checking out the modules for the rest of today. My four month old has got a very bad cold and his Mom is working. So, me, Dad... am watching my "little harley buddy". I will check things out tomorrow and get back in touch with you....

THANKS VERY MUCH FOR YOUR HELP!!!!!

Scott

Old 03-07-2010, 09:10 PM
scottdoege
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I think it might be the front O2 sensor

Jamie,

I swapped the modules and the sensors. Now, cylinder 2 is now not showing anything. When I plug the laptop into the bike and fire her up, I am showing AFR readings for cylinder 1 and 9.99 for cylinder 2. It's either the O2 sensor or the long cable between the O2 sensor and the module. I am betting on the O2 sensor. I'll give you a call in the morning to discuss.

In addition, the map switch I installed seems not to be working. Either way I put the switch (open or closed) my dynojet software shows AFR readings (for the cylinder that is working). Is that correct?

Thanks,

Scott

Last edited by scottdoege; 03-07-2010 at 09:14 PM.
Old 03-07-2010, 09:40 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by scottdoege
In addition, the map switch I installed seems not to be working. Either way I put the switch (open or closed) my dynojet software shows AFR readings (for the cylinder that is working). Is that correct?
Yes, and the only way (AFAIK) to see the difference is to watch the "Fuel Adj. 1" and "Fuel Adj. 2" gauges, which will show the differences in open-loop and closed-loop values when you make the switch. If the differences are small you may not see them since idle speed is not constant and the values are always changing. Did you enable the map-switch option in the Auto-Tune section of the software? It must be activated there when using AT. Go to Power Commander Tools > Configure > Auto-Tune > Enable Map Switch (or similar).

The AFR for the working cylinder will also show the change, but again if it it isn't great you may not see it. The O2 sensor is polled 50x/sec. and is constantly changing, making it hard or impossible to see these differences if they are small.

As for the question about the check-engine light, it is normal for it to stay on for ~4 sec. after starting with or without a PCV, at least on the '07.

Last edited by iclick; 03-07-2010 at 09:58 PM.