Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Biketronics 6.5" or J&M 7.25"

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 10:45 AM
hdbagr
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Biketronics 6.5" or J&M 7.25"

Looking to replace stock speaker, have searched for comparison on these two and didnt find anything. Not adding an amp at this time, just speaker upgrade(Batwing fairing). Has anyone tried or heard both speakers?

Old 03-07-2010, 04:30 PM
hdbagr
Cruiser

Anybody running the 6.5 biketronics titan hertz without an amp? How do they sound? Alot of good reviews on the J&M , just trying to make up my mind on which one to buy.Any imput is appreciated.

Old 03-07-2010, 04:34 PM
SixSixRider
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No experience with the Biketronics 6.5", but I just installed the J&M 7.25's (along with an ArcAudio amp) in my RG....first ride with them was yesterday. I love'em!! A BIG improvement over the OEM set-up.

Old 03-07-2010, 05:40 PM
neano62
Tourer

Originally Posted by hdbagr
Looking to replace stock speaker, have searched for comparison on these two and didnt find anything. Not adding an amp at this time, just speaker upgrade(Batwing fairing). Has anyone tried or heard both speakers?
PM Firecap. Hes out of Oklahoma, he'll stear ya rite where ya need to be.I've got the biketronic 6.5" Hertz, just installed them last nite. But I'm run-n a Hawg-Wired Amp too. Cant help ya with what they sound like stock. Either one will be a Improvement!

Old 03-07-2010, 05:43 PM
Gofer
Cruiser

I took my EGC out with the recently installed J&M 7.25 speaker set up WITHOUT an amp....and I like them alot. The wife, standing on the front porch, heard the stereo over the bike at the end of my street. My buddy heard it fine behind me at 70mph. And I heard them very nicely at all speeds. I never got above 3/4's of the volume range. I can't compare to any thing else, but I'm happy; AND ignorance is bliss.

Old 03-07-2010, 05:46 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

The J&M's are very popular here. Almost everyone AI know with a bagger has them and has no complaints.

Old 03-07-2010, 08:39 PM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor
Received 56 Likes on 50 Posts

I can assure everyone that the J&M 7.25" speaker kits are of the highest quality ,,,,,

The injection molded polycarbonate cone, the rare earth lightweight neodymium magnet, the injection molded smooth contour adapter rings, injection molded grills with mounted tweeter and midrange, top quality hardware for secure and sanitary mounting, custom die-cut pre-gummed acoustic pads, totally plug-n-play wiring and spades ,,,,, maximum efficiency with OR without an accessory amplifier ,,,,

it's all there for everyone to see ,,,, specifically engineered from top to bottom to be the finest speaker upgrade kit ever offered, by anyone, anywhere, for the Harley Fairings ,,,,,

these are not mass produced automotive speakers adapted for motorcycle use, everything about these speaker kits was designed from start to finish specifically for this Harley motorcycle application ,,,,,,

the proof is in the performance ,,,, once you hear them, nothing else will measure up ,,,,,,

just ask any of the thousands of riders already enjoying them ,,,,,,,,

JMJOHN ,,, John@Jmcorp.com ,,,,,

Old 03-07-2010, 09:02 PM
customsoftail200
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I wonder if J&M would do a special HD Forums buy on a few sets of the 7.25's.. hint hint.

Old 03-07-2010, 10:07 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by customsoftail200
I wonder if J&M would do a special HD Forums buy on a few sets of the 7.25's.. hint hint.
We have them in stock and are running a blanket special on them.

$222.00 shipped in the lower 48 U.S. States. Retail is: $279.95

Thanks!

Shawn

Old 03-07-2010, 10:45 PM
SaltySARdog
Advanced

Question:
I am looking at using these with a Sony head unit and HAWG Wired kit, the Sony calls for a speaker impedance of 4 to 8 ohm, these are rated at 2 ohms, can I still use them with an aftermarket head unit?

Quick Reply: Biketronics 6.5" or J&M 7.25"