Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power comander problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 08:58 AM
IndyClassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Hrlyrider
I am working on a friends bike, He gave me the receipt and it was purchased from Fuel Moto. The map in it is for Rush slip ons, he put on Vance & Hines basic slip ons. Will this map work, or do I need a different one.
If bought from F/M.....call them, I am sure they will help you with options available. Most likely send you the map you need.

Old 03-07-2010, 09:07 AM
cornking
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i traded my 04 RKC for a 10 UC so i put the PCIII i had on my brothers 03 RKC with a different setup and needed a new map, so i went to FuelMoto web site and there is a place to request a new map from Kieth. You will need to fill out an email with the mods on the bike, you will also need sales # from your invoice so they know you got it from them. This number on my reciept was on the upper right hand side. Again this was a PCIII. Hope this is some help.

Old 03-07-2010, 09:07 AM
RKC2009
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I purchased mine from fuel moto also. They have been great to work with. Very helpful.
As a side note my disc that came with the PCV for my PC would not work either. I had to download the program from the dynojet website and then use F/M maps.
My PC is running Vista and I do not think the program from Dynojet that was on the disk liked it too much.

Old 03-07-2010, 09:08 AM
Hrlyrider
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hard on Sunday they don't answer the phone.

Old 03-07-2010, 09:13 AM
cornking
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

a quick add on to my previous reply, they are very adimant about not requesting a map the same day you need it, as this does take time. i recieved my new map on email in about 30 hours, requested first thing monday morning and recieved tuesday afternoon. great customer service imo.

Old 03-07-2010, 09:32 AM
rshwetz
Cruiser
Default Pcv

Email keith at keith@fuelmotousa.com with the invoice # bike year and mods and he will send you the map.

Old 03-07-2010, 09:38 AM
IndyClassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Hrlyrider
Hard on Sunday they don't answer the phone.
I don't think they are open on Sundays.....if the only difference is the slip-ons I would bet the map is 99% - 100% same. Enough you could probably roll on it until you get caught up with F/M.

But just my opinion, there are several on here better qualified then me to answer that.

Old 03-07-2010, 10:22 AM
Clint55
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

In the meanwhile you should be able to download a map from the dynojet site.

http://www.powercommander.com/powerc...mdl=31&yr=2008

Edit: Nevermind, I see what you mean now. Even if you click on PCV downloads, once you enter your 08 Touring it automatically defaults to the PCIII maps.

Another possibility with your disc could be software conflict. When I bought the PCV for my 09, I already had the PCIII software installed on the laptop. For some reason the PCV software would'nt load or work properly until I first un-installed the PCIII version.

Last edited by Clint55; 03-07-2010 at 10:37 AM.
Old 03-07-2010, 11:52 AM
BCguy
Road Captain

As mentioned above, the software supplied on cd will not load on a Vista pc but you can download from the Dynojet site. I had the same issue.

Old 03-07-2010, 01:00 PM
Hrlyrider
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The software did not load because I have Windows 7, that issue is resloved. I downloaded off the website. I cannot get a download from the website because it is a PCV for a 2008. Need a specific map for that. I am waiting to get a response from them, just wondering if the map I have now will be okay. It does start seems to run fine, but I have not taken it out on the road.

Quick Reply: Power comander problem