Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BUB7's VS: SE Super Trapp's Slip-ons

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2010, 01:20 PM
Crusher
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default BUB7's VS: SE Super Trapp's Slip-ons

2008 Street Glide

I had Bub7 slip-ons on my bike and found them to be a little louder then I would like. Many suggested the SE Super Trapp slipons from Fuel Moto saying they were not as loud but not stock sounding either. Got them, installed them and they seem louder to me then the Bub7's. I'm not happy.

On a side note: Which of the two flow better?

Old 03-06-2010, 05:26 PM
mastery
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Never go by what people tell you when it comes to sound or loudness. Better off finding a bike get-together, and simply ask somebody what they have when you find the right sound you are looking for.

Old 03-06-2010, 05:57 PM
Hooded Claw
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got my SuperTrapp SEs from Fuel Moto and am happy with the sound. They are advertised as 3 dB above stock. Can't say that I can compare them with the Bub7 as far as air flow goes but along with a K&N high flow air filter and PCIII there is a noticeable power gain with my 05 Ultra.

Old 03-06-2010, 06:41 PM
Joshman
Cruiser

I had the supertrapp SE on my RG and they were awesome sounding.......with the stock head pipes that is. Nice and deep and definetly not too loud, but as soon as I went over to the V&H true duals it made them horribly crackly and way louder than with the factory headers. Anyways went from those to the new 50 state SE street performance mufflers... way too quiet, then the Bub 7 EPA mufflers that are supposed to be a hair louder than the street performance SE's and they were also way too quiet. Then got a set of Bub 7's and they are perfect for what I am looking for. They are definetly not stock quiet and are fairly but not too loud for me and can still hear the stereo.

Basically I have had Rineharts, Kuryakyn crushers, Supertrapp SE, Kerkers, Screaming eagle street performance 4", Bub 7 50 state, Bub sleepers and finally Bub 7 (regulars) and the normal Bub 7 were the best sounding for me with the TD headers. Anyways long story short I did the opposite as you as found the Supertrapps are louder than the 7's when you have TD head pipes. I think the V&H monster ovals are one of the best sounding mufflers I have heard with TD's or stock headers but I really dislike the "fatass" big look of them and think they are too big unless you have a wide tire kit or extended bags to even out the look.

BTW what are you running in front of the mufflers for headers?

Old 03-06-2010, 08:21 PM
Crusher
Road Master

Running stock head pipes. I agree about the monster ovals. A buddy has them and they sound good but I really dislike the look for the same reasons as you do.

Old 03-06-2010, 08:47 PM
Clint55
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Don't know about Super Traps, but the Bub 7's sound great IMHO. I had the MO's previously and can say without doubt that the 7's are louder, but still a nice deep tone. My main concern with the MO's was cornering clearance. The Bub 7's are free flowing mufflers. What I mean by this is that you can stick a broomstick all the way up to the headpipes.

Old 03-06-2010, 09:01 PM
Lass7711
Tourer

Crusher, I had a set of Bub7s with stock headers and the sound was too much for me. I got a set of Bub 7 Stealth and they were too quiet with a dreadful droan. I finally got a set of Jackpot Dyno tuned with the tunable quiet baffle. With the quiet insert removed, they are perfect for me. They have a little deep bark with you twist the throttle, but have a peaceful rumble at cruise. I can hear my engine and I couldn't with the stock mufflers. The dyno charts from Fuel Moto indicate that their flow is very similar to the regular Jackpot baffles until you get into the higher RPMs.

Old 03-07-2010, 08:43 AM
Crusher
Road Master

Well I'm glad I'm not the only one that find the Bub7's to loud.

Old 03-07-2010, 09:16 AM
Trek
Tourer

For what its worth, I had the Monster Ovals on my 08 and besides the draggin' on the ground sometimes, I found them to be ok sounding but I am liking the Fatshotz I had put on the 10 version of my ultra much better. They are definitely quieter than the MO's and only a bit louder than stock. That is with the stock header with the cat in there and the stage II kit.

Old 03-07-2010, 09:39 AM
Toypuller
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,262 Likes on 1,578 Posts

I put on some BUB 7 Stealths. They are very quiet.

But, the thing that is surprising me, is that even though they seemed top quality when I got them I am already having rust issues with the under bag mounts and the end caps are flaking chrome off.

I have had them about a month and 3000 or so miles.

I guess I will see how their warranty and customer service is soon.

Quick Reply: BUB7's VS: SE Super Trapp's Slip-ons