Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

@#$$% bike bandit

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2010, 09:50 AM
twistedcherokee
Road Warrior
Received 43 Likes on 38 Posts
Angry @#$$% bike bandit

Don't ask me why, guess I thought I might get better service. But I ordered some parts through Bike Bandit . It's been over a week & it still says "in progress" on the track your order. Did a live chat a couple of days ago & they told me that when they get the parts in they will then ship them to me. Why the don't have them shipped to the person that ordered them & save some time, is beyond me. So I emailed them as far as upgrading the shipping & how much time would it save me. Now it has been 5 business days already, they email me back & for another 17 dollars they can do 2nd day,but, it will be 7 business days before they get the part. Are you kidding me? If I cancel the order, there is a 20% restocking fee they are going to hit me with. I could have had the parts if I would have ordered them through the dealer by now. They both had the parts for the same price, but would not have been able to get them ordered from the dealer until 4 days later. I am venting & know it is my fault for getting sucked in, I just could not think that in this day & age that a larger company could be so @#$ $## stupid as to getting some one there parts. If they would have had them drop shipped to me, I could be a happy customer out riding my Harley & not sitting here all bent out of shape knowing that I am going to miss more of this great Colorado weather. As it looks, paying extra to get it faster is a hoaxe for them to get more of your money. Thanks for reading & letting me vent.

Toby

Old 03-06-2010, 09:55 AM
Gliden
Club Member
Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

That stuff is kinda normal.....Lots of places do it. The only way to avoid it is to call them and ask them if everything you want is in stock NOW and if so then order it.
If not, shop on......

It will come....

Old 03-06-2010, 09:58 AM
miacycles
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Some wholesalers will not "drop ship" directly to the end user. They have to send it to their vendor. Remember paying extra doesn't mean you will get it any soone. I always ask before I ship stuff and am told that the 2 day make take 3 days and overnight may take 2 days. That doesn't make sense, but that's what they say. I tell my customers about buying on E-Bay all the time, but I still hear tales similar to yours all the time.

Old 03-06-2010, 09:59 AM
flyingace
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

A restocking fee on an item that they have not even shipped yet? Thats pure BS.

They just made my list of "never order from" (not that I had ever looked at them before)

Old 03-06-2010, 10:13 AM
cayers
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the information, haven't used them before and I won't in the future. I guess now we know how they came up with the name?

Old 03-06-2010, 10:20 AM
gsxrboy96
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i use them all the time, no problems to speak of.

Old 03-06-2010, 10:25 AM
Inspector 12
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sometimes the cheaper price comes at the cost of service so it ends up not being the best deal after all. As already noted, I make it a point to call and see if the item is in stock before I place an online order as I have experienced cases where the item shows in stock on the order form but the phone call says they are out of stock.

The reason some of these online "dealers" can keep their prices so low is that they have no overhead (don't keep anything in stock on premise). They count on being able to place an order with their distributor and then ship it to you, all takes time.

Another problem with a process like this is that distributors often require a minimum order before they ship to the "dealer".

Hope your deal turns out ok, thanks for the heads up as to how this seller is doing business.

Old 03-06-2010, 10:32 AM
scoteh
Club Member
Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

I bought something from them a couple of years back for an old dirt bike I have. It took 3 weeks for the item to get to me. It shipped originally from Vietnam, and I'm pretty sure that it rode on a ship to get to the US. I was OK with the service since I wasn't in a hurry, the price was right, and the part can't be found just everywhere.

Old 03-06-2010, 10:44 AM
jimsflh
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I ordered a tank fairing from them for my 87, it got lost somehow, my indy said it never got there. So I did the live chat thing, told them I never got it,(this was like 45-60 days after they shipped it) and they sent another one with in a week, I did have to explain that I didn't notify them earlier cuz I had it shipped to my indy who was an hour away, where it was in storage for the winter. They do however charge the same price as the dealer for stuff, and if my local shop doesn't have it, they do a search, and I get it ups'd from another dealer for the same or less than bike bandit. Since it was mid winter and I was ******* deep in snow when the tank fairing thing happened, I didn't mind. If it were summer, Ida been pissed

Old 03-06-2010, 11:02 AM
strtarrow
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ww1flyingace
A restocking fee on an item that they have not even shipped yet? Thats pure BS.

They just made my list of "never order from" (not that I had ever looked at them before)
My thoughts exactly.

Quick Reply: @#$$% bike bandit