Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Custom engraved parts

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2010, 10:09 PM
Chasenfish
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Custom engraved parts

I had seen several custom engraved parts from various companies here on HD Forums. Just thought I'd share my recent experience. My family had asked about getting me something special for my retirement, and I steered them toward a custom fuel door for my 2008 Ultra Classic.

Got the fuel door at Custom Engraving Limited. Here's their web page -- http://www.custom-engraving-ltd.com/.

Here's a copy of their catalog of standard parts, but they do custom work, too. http://site.custom-engraving-ltd.com...og/Catalog.pdf

I used a badge design feature from a custom badge supplier, then just e-mailed that jpg file to Tim Treacy at Custom Engraving. Total cost on my fuel door was $280. Expensive, but it's a one of a kind custom piece, and is absolutely beautiful. The pictures don't do it justice! There’s a base price for a part. If art work is needed, there’s a $40 charge to have an artist redraw your design in black & white. Black indicates where the metal cutting would take place. That’s a one-time charge. Gold plating adds $30 to the pricing, and additional colors add $15 each. The base price for a fuel door is $150. For an air cleaner cover it’s $175. One color (usually black) is included in the base price. The extra color charge has to do with setting up for a color, and for the materials needed to do the painting. The colors in the design for my fuel door were blue, light blue, white, green & brown. As you'll see in the catalog, they have several other parts available, too, but I wanted something pretty highly visible, so went with the fuel door.

I had read a lot of positive comments about this company on HD Forums, and they were highly recommended. After seeing the finished product, I would add a very high recommendation -- fantastic quality work!!!

Also, I was impressed with the customer service. It took me a while to convince the wife to order the fuel door, and Tim put a rush on the order. It arrived the day of the retirement party, in time for family to "present" it to me at the gathering of family, friends, and coworkers.

If you're looking for custom engraved parts, I highly recommend Custom Engraving LTD!

Old 03-05-2010, 10:12 PM
Ozoneman
Road Warrior

Very nice!

Old 03-05-2010, 10:18 PM
1931jamesw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

That's a real nice touch. I tell you what I like on bobber and customs is engraving like you'd see on a gun.

Old 03-05-2010, 10:56 PM
BanjoBill
Cruiser

Very sharp!!
Thank you for your service to the people of Idaho

....Bill

Old 03-05-2010, 11:14 PM
ashmarc
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Very nice touch, looks fantastic.

Old 03-06-2010, 12:34 AM
Cyphilis
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is custom engraving...

Old 03-06-2010, 02:32 AM
PKellyMc
Outstanding HDF Member
Location: PacNW; Beacon of Conservatism in a Sea of Liberals.......AZ Snowbird; Just another Conservative
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Looks great! Great way to personalize your ride. I've thought of my family coat-of-arms in a similar capacity; a guy on the Dyna pages did his Derby(?) that way.

Old 03-06-2010, 06:39 AM
sc00ter50
Advanced

+1 on Tim and his work. I lost my wife to cancer last year. Had a custom tattoo done in her memory, and I sent this picture of it to Tim. The derby cover will be on my Limited when I take delivery this month so she is always along for the ride.

Attached Thumbnails Custom engraved parts-nail-cross-vines-derby.jpg   Custom engraved parts-miller-derby-cover.jpg  
Old 03-06-2010, 04:13 PM
stupid_rope
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Way to be a one-upper Cyph...

Old 03-06-2010, 04:22 PM
Mr_B
Road Captain

That looks fantastic. Good job!

Quick Reply: Custom engraved parts